Ask. Answer. Be the Hero.
Keeper
billmic2
Accepted Solution

My FIFA 14 players and AI players run and generally react slower than opponent's players!

[ Edited ]

Dear All,

I am writing this message to inquire about the gameplay on Online mode on FIFA14 on PS3 (slim).

Also in FIFA13, it seems that nothing has changed in FIFA14!

I have selected a team, made all the appropriate management changes (including Custom formations and Tactics) and all the things etc etc. 

When I play online matches (which by the way is on matchmaking settings custom to find similar team strength etc etc), ALWAYS, and I mean ALWAYS the opponent's player are better!! They respond faster, RUN faster, AND EVEN their AI players correspond to the play quicker and more accurate! 

I would like to ask anyone who has an ANSWER to WHY this is happening! 

Is it a new feature of FIFA to always play as a lesser side!!?

How I can make my players GO AS FAST AS THE OPPONENT'S? (and believe me I am not new to the game and I also have players in my team with high speed and acceleration numbers, and STILL run slower than opponent's players!!)

Is there a problem with the GAME itself (bags, etc) ?

I am looking forward to hearing a proper answer (not something that need to find and speak to a veteran player!)

To the players that have same issues like mine, hope that we will find the answer at the end .... and games online will become more fair ....

Thanks

Lookout
wavygravy12

Re: My FIFA 14 players and AI players run and generally react slower than opponent's players!

i started having this problem but the game has gone EXTREMELY weird for me. the gameplay isn't what it was a couple of days ago and it's slowed down considerably. my 84-94 rated players all act like bronze players and can't pass, control the ball, turn etc. but i can still beat the computer on professional as the computer seems to have slowed down too. i can maintain possession with slow, short passing but my players can't hit a barn door... which contrasts with my online opponents. none of my opponents online seem to use high pressure anymore either :/ it's like i'm playing a completely different type of player with a different game engine.

the game is dead for me.

Keeper
r1ckybowd

Re: My FIFA 14 players and AI players run and generally react slower than opponent's players!

I'm having the same problem, online play is shocking my players are so slow compared with my opponents. My defenders can't stay in front of the attackers when a ball through is played yet when it's at the other end my attackers are out paced every time it seems like my opponents are 3 steps ahead all the time iv been playing fifa online as far back as I can remember but if this continues I will not be buying anymore it's not my internet connection because I have fibre optic EA SORT IT OUT
Lookout
coolconor290

I've had this problem loads and it's very frustrating. Especially on Ultimate Team this is worse! Scripting and handicap make it impossible to have a fun, enjoyable match! They have actually done the impossible and made this game only slightly better than FIFA 13 but have not even got close to making the game fun like it was on FIFA 12 where I never even found any problems like this simply because there was no Seasons. The AI is too smart when it comes to career mode or offline matches and just follow you exactly in every single way, know where you are going, when you are just about to tackle, their keeper saves almost everything whereas yours saves only a few simple shots but none of the crosses or shots into corners, professional is ridiculous and their passes are always on target and interceptions are stupidly good meaning it's impossible to win the ball! FUT is the worst though because of how bad the defence and the lack of control you actually have over players. I enjoy Ultimate Teams aspects but Chemistry ruins it along with Headers always going in Crosses being 100% accurate and the defenders always drifting out of position to the left/right and leaving a huge gap open for the oponent to score. Goalkeepers on FUT are the worst since FIFA 13 and that's saying something and with the referees not understanding how to actually make the right calls it frustrates me and plenty others and I'm sure of that especially when they make terrible calls that would get them sacked in real life.

Sort this EA before you make the next FIFA worse!!! If another company comes along with another Ultimate Team where you can make a dream team with no chemistry or in-game bull then I'm leaving FIFA forever!

Keeper
maestroignomo

same thing happens in online pro clubs. My 90CAM can nott out run or control the ball or beat ai on 1 on 1. Im supposed to be up against 1 star team with low 70s averag qi players. When my team ai have the ball, they seem to kick the ball out orr to the other team often. Taking the ball from the ai seems impossible as they seem to always guess any type of movement or tackle I make. The game shouldnt be about making it frustrating... when Im chasing the ball or a player, for some unknown reason my pro doent run at full speed and even slows down.. I have plenty stamina power left. how abou that...
Keeper
russiarsenal

What the hell is going on with Ultimate Team? At first movement was fine, but for the last two weeks online movement is so awful and unresponsive. If I'm on the ball and a defender comes at me, I used to be able to move the player out of the way fluidly either via dribble or skill. Now it's very rigid and the player either stands or moves in a completely unpredicatble way. Even worse, my opponent doesn't seem to have the same problem. Fix it.

Lookout
coolconor290

I agree, it's as if EA are trying to say it takes a long time to move left or right on the ball, the time it takes to turn around or move left or right causes you to lose possession very easily and the refs just don't know how to make a good call! You should be able to make fast, fluid movements like you can IRL and on previous FIFA's but the first touch shouldn't be as bad as it is!

We should make a petition and try and gain enough signatures to force EA to change the game!

Keeper
dbsix

[ Edited ]

Finally! Someone who has the same issue!!!

This problem has plagued my game since the end of FIFA 12 believe it or not, ( I know this is going to sound bull**bleep** but hopefully if youre reading this post you'll realise how frustrating this problem has been for me ) I had a record on FIFA 12 of about 850 - 80 online on UT so an above average player and towards the end of the game I was noticing the players I had were being caught by much slower players, far less responsive, weak inaccurate passes, missing sitters ( open net sweaty goal pass fall over ball was a personal favourite) however due to the fact it was the end of the game's cycle I was tired of the game so I left it. Roll on FIFA 13 this time I had roughly a week of smooth play and then the game once again had this issue, where the responsiveness of the players was obviously different to every other player I was up against, so..... I thought it was an issue on my end as it had been the same issue on both games, bought a new controller, nope, bought a new fifa 13, nope, all settings in game changed, nope. With FIFA 14 on X360 had same issue as usual week of quick, fluid play then it seems like a switch turns and everything goes sloppy again, so I thought maybe its a problem with my X360 ? FIFA 14 with PS4 ? Nope still **bleep** but at least I can record how bad this **bleep** is for me. Sorry for the mad rambling as this is 3 years of the problem you're all having now and as you might understand its really frustrating when you know there's not much you can do :/. So If anyone has a way to resolve this issue please post haha and for anyone thinking I'm bitching cos ive got bad ? I still win 70-80% of games but it aint fun having to anticipate every touch been 50 yards, Cheers and much love 

Keeper
chelski007

I share your pain massively, the issue is extremely bad on the PS4, if anything it seems to have got worse! 

What EA are doing with FUT is in FACT illegal, YES, ILLEGAL!

Here's the proof!

One issue which I have not seen yet online forums or mentioned on any Youtube comments box which I find extremely vital: Sale of Goods Act 1979 / 1994(UK).

Now, let me explain. If you buy a product/service/item in a physical form, electronically or virtually, that product has to be what it states, and if a transfer of finances has taken place then it's also known as a binding contract of purchase to which EA can not ignore and therefore EA are liable.  

You see people world wide everyday 'streaming' (Twitch etc) game play, all the evidence is there for anyone to see, unfortunately for EA that evidence is free of charge. 

Example: (PS4: Gamertag: chelskiuk: 05/12/2013 @ 3:48am)

Online Ultimate Team match; Eto'o 91 Pace running onto a through ball (not dribbling with the ball) with 8-9yards ahead of John Terry (42 Pace) who has his back to the run of play, not even looking at the ball. YET... Terry manages to turn, push his warp-speed button and make up that 8-9 yards and push Eto'o off the ball. Thus, Eto'o clearly not representing his statistics provided, therefore you have been sold a good which does not represent its true state, thus breaching the Sale of Goods Act 1979 / 1994 (UK).

Thus, buying packs for Fifa Ultimate Team is in breach of the *Sale of Goods Act 1979 / 1994 (UK)* because the cards you have purchased DO NOT REPRESENT the statistics for that item.

Another key element to this relevant information. 

I, myself, rang EA about this technicality regarding Fifa 13 and the advisor who I spoke to back then told me to speak to their legal team. So, I thought brilliant, I'm getting somewhere now. I then asked the advisor to put me through to the relevant department, this is how that precise conversation started and ended:

Advisor: "sorry sir, you have to put it in writing"  

I said:  "that's okay, it's no problem can I have the contact details please"

Advisor: "sorry sir, but we can't give you the details of our Legal Team due to the Private and Confidentiality Act - thank you for your call, good day"

End of conversation.
Keeper
bryanp562

Same. Just got off Fifa 14 and dont plan to ever bet back on it. I started noticing it on pro clubs on Fifa 12. After I stopped playing for a while I noticed it went away though. Thinking it was just a fluke, I bought Fifa 13 first day and had fun with it for like a week before the same problem began happening again. i chatted with the EA customer support but couldnt come up with anything. Bought Fifa 14 on the XB1 and now the same thing is happening..we cannot keep quiet about this anymore EA you dont have to reply to this, just quietly fix this and we will be more than thankful. Thank You.