Ask. Answer. Be the Hero.
Acolyte
homerclese

Fifa 14 Manager Mode Crash Notification

Hi, this is to report a bug which I've identified and I would imagine is an easy fix.

It relates to a replicatable manager mode crash. 

When you play as Arsenal with Current Customised squads, the game will always crash.

This is because there is a player (GK, No 128) on the current squad which is glitched.

Trying to edit this player also crashes the game and you cannot delete this player.

This is on the PC Version. 

If anyone has a fix let me know. 

Keeper
seband614

Re: Fifa 14 Manager Mode Crash Notification

[ Edited ]

It's not just with Arsenal! Every team i've tried with ( while having a cusomised squad") has the GK No 128.

It's really annoying and i hope someone can fix this soon!

Edit: I actually had this problem with FIFA 13 too, alltho then it wasent even a broken player which made the game crash it just did it by itself and i never found a way to fix it.

Edit 2: I also noticed that this happens when you do the "download latest squads" in career mode, alltho this time it didn't crash for me but i was missing a player in my squad (Edin Dzeko)  I have no idea what's going on but i hope someone can fix this.

Keeper
antonwellbarn

I got this as well when I added a few custom players to teams and downloaded the latest squads, so as to get all the rosters correct as of deadline day (Ozil to Arsenal, Bale to Madrid etc) 

Then when selecting Arsenal, and current customised squads, the game freezes when loading up the new career, just after putting in the manager details.

Has happened 4 times in a row now, so its definitely not a fluke!

Prseumably, the edits I have made are interfering with the updated squads, but I want to simply add my edits on top of the latest updates!

Any suggestions to resolve this? I would quite like to play a career with my created players in it! Especially seeing as the EA Servers seem to be constantly down.

Keeper
fishmonkey1191

I've got a half solution for this. My problem was I wanted to have my own player in my team but I also wanted to be the manager, but whenever I tried to press "advance" it froze. Instead, I just moved my player to the free agents and then signed him on a free transfer at the beginning of the season and it's been working fine since. As long as you're quick and offer them decent wages, they should come to you instead of someone else.

Keeper
abdutt1

when i play in managers mode with latest squad i am not able to make any chnages to squad.

As i try to do it , it crashes.

this problem seems to affect latest squad update in manager mode.

i am playing now in customised squad which works fine

Keeper
slomo10

Hi! I am having the same problem. There is a keeper no.125 appear in my latest update team list. I click on that player my game crash. Now I can't play at all as whenever i want to start a match, it crash. I've tried uninstall the game, reinstall the game and delete all my previous folder, personal setting and all the previous manager mode files but still don't work. Now i can start any game as it will crash. Please help.

Keeper
yobonatior

hey fishmonkey1191

im trying to attempt the same thing you are and everytime i go to view his initial pricing from the club im trying to purchase him from the game crashes. your work around seems to be what i am trying to go for. could you please explain further as to how you did it, it would be much appreciated :smileyhappy:

Keeper
alexmcsmith

Having the same problem on FIFA 14 career mode. Had a squad with a created player and once I downloaded the latest updates, a GK, kit number 128 and level 0 with all the specialties just appeared in my team. I can't do anything apart from load another squads file. Annoying thing is, if you load an old squads file, then you can't update it to the latest squads. If anyone knows how to get rid of the GK that constantly crashes career mode whenever you try and start a new save, then please reply. Thanks.