Ask. Answer. Be the Hero.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lookout
diggit2001

Re: FIFA 14 web app is not letting me search players.

When did this change go into effect and why didn't EA let anyone know? 

Keeper
tufayl123456789

I found this out myself my accounts which I have played fifa 14 on the console are working and the accounts which I haven't played with aren't working. Also I tested it out to see if that was the case that you must have played FIFA14 on a console or PC, it was

Lookout
diggit2001

Yup, I found out the same thing.  I was just wondering when EA made this rule and what the time lapse is between logons before it prevents you from buying via the webapp.  You'd think they'd let someone know about this new rule.  

Sentinel
iddimi

tufayl123456789 wrote:

The web app will only work if you have played on the account on a console. If you haven't played FIFA 14 yet on the account it will not let you trade players.

That is incorrect. 

The web app could for FIFA 14 could be used even before FIFA 14 came out. Providing you already had activated your Origin account before a certain date in August 2013. So you can use the web app even if you do not have the FIFA 14 game. So far I have seen no messages telling that this has been revoked.

Keeper
tufayl123456789

This new rule is stupid as I have some coins on other accounts and can't move them over since I forgot my PSN password

Keeper
tufayl123456789

There was a update in the web app recently haven't you noticed the loading screen and search facilities in the web app are different, I think that is when it happened

Lookout
diggit2001

iddimi wrote:

tufayl123456789 wrote:

The web app will only work if you have played on the account on a console. If you haven't played FIFA 14 yet on the account it will not let you trade players.

That is incorrect. 

The web app could for FIFA 14 could be used even before FIFA 14 came out. Providing you already had activated your Origin account before a certain date in August 2013. So you can use the web app even if you do not have the FIFA 14 game. So far I have seen no messages telling that this has been revoked.

That may have been the case in the past but it looks like they have changed it recently.  I hope I'm wrong though.

Sentinel
iddimi

[ Edited ]

diggit2001 wrote:

Yup, I found out the same thing.  I was just wondering when EA made this rule and what the time lapse is between logons before it prevents you from buying via the webapp.  You'd think they'd let someone know about this new rule.  

Although you could be right there seems no good reason to keep such a rule hush hush. Or am I missing something?

(crossing messages it seems :smileywink:)

Keeper
oddozz62

Still not been fixed. It's been a problem for me for about 2-3 days, it's really irritating. By the way, that rule that you guys are saying is not true, EA would have told us in advance.

Lookout
diggit2001

[ Edited ]

oddozz62 wrote:

Still not been fixed. It's been a problem for me for about 2-3 days, it's really irritating. By the way, that rule that you guys are saying is not true, EA would have told us in advance.

I would hope/think that they would tell us but ya never know.  

Have you tried logging on to FUT (on your console) using the account that's having the problems?