Ask. Answer. Be the Hero.
Keeper
shaneners

FIFA 14 PS4 season ticket discount

[ Edited ]

I bought FIFA 14 on PS3 along with the season ticket, but now that I have transferred to FIFA 14 on PS4, I'm no longer getting 20% off FIFA points. What can I do about this? Would it be possible to buy the FIFA points on my PS3 (to get the discount) and then use them on my PS4? If not, will the season ticket be updated on the PS4?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Keeper
itsacanesthing74

Re: FIFA 14 PS4 season ticket discount

I am having the same problem. So I tried exactly what you were thinking. I logged back on to my PS3 and tried to complete the purchase; since the discounts were still "visible" on the PS3.

But when you pick the coin package you want you get the following message:

"There has been an error with the fifa store checkout, please try again later"

It is bad enough that PS3 to PS4 did not have a upgrade trade in like the Xbox, now I lose my season ticket discount (possibly)?

I hope EA does the right thing and continue the Season ticket regardless of platform, but even more on the Play Station since those of us that are buying both versions have  invested $145 for FIFA 14 ($60 for each version and $25 for the season ticket).

Keeper
ecr8on

According to the Game Advisors, there is no plan to make the discounts for PS4.  Absolutely ridiculous.

Keeper
epicsoccerdad

Hmm, I guess no incentive to ever buy that again.

Keeper
bullsknackers

its the same on the xbox one not happy if id of known i wudnt have got it, the daft thing is u still get ur free pack of cards!!

Keeper
guerillalaw

Nonsensical unfairness to early adopters of next gen games. 

What really irks me is that they did not WARN people about this. Rather, they plastered fifa 14 on ps3 with promises that " everything comes with you". We should have been told that the season ticket only benefitted those who playe don ps3. Obviously you could have then just bought fifa points directly rather than paying for packs that release slowly over time. 

Keeper
k72l1oz

hmmm just a thought do you get two sets of packs 1 set on ps3 n 1 on ps4??? as i got season ticket n it gives on fifa 13 aswell as 14 lol :smileyhappy:

Keeper
Kyoku-Oru

I've had the same problem. It's totally un-acceptable. I bought the season pass on PS3 for the 20% discount on fifa points not the lousy 1 pack per week that you can 'earn the coins in-game for' in about 30 minutes of play.

When the Season ticket was advertised it did not clearly show that it wouldn't apply for PS4, in fact for people who were moving to next-gen it 'implied' that fifa points would be transferable etc. Given people like us/me have now bought 2 copies of the game (for PS3 and PS4) then EA should either arrange for full refunds of the season pass from Sony for people who are in our position as we were effectively 'mis-sold' on the transition between PS3 and 4.

Better still they should honour the 20% discount on PS4 as its a total joke that people can be advertising players on the same market with on one system the cost being 20% higher for the FIFA points,

We need to bump this thread and KEEP COMPLAINING until they do something.

There must be more people affected out there.

Keeper
stevehal123

Well I for one am very annoyed at this.I will only be ripped off by someone once.No discount carried over is disgusting.I've already payed for the game twice PS3 & PS4 ,now this.Well that's it for me i will no longer buy any easports games.

Keeper
kurdripper

EA CAN SUCK MY STICK, they fooled us by not telling us season ticket wont continue on nextgen. i will call them, and i want my money back.