Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sentinel
sjonniesjon
Accepted Solution

FIFA 14 PC commentary language problem - not able to switch between languages

Hi,

I'm not able to select a commentary language, this defaults to dutch whereas I would like to select English. This was a bug last year in FiFa13 which could be solved by adding commentary files I downloaded somewhere.. Is there any alternative or propper solution? Demo did have the English commentators by the way

Thanks

Sentinel
sjonniesjon

Re: FIFA 14 PC commentary language problem - not able to switch between languages

Ok, fixed It partially by copying the demo soundfiles to the right directory:

/your-origin-folder/FIFA 14 Demo/Game/eng_us.*

copy to:

/your-origin-folder/FIFA 14/Game/

Now I'm able to select English commentary language, but only Martin Tyler and Alan Smith, cup round commentary team is still not available

Does anyone know where to get these sound files?

cheers

Keeper
partwelsh

Re: FIFA 14 PC commentary language problem - not able to switch between languages

I spotted that on the launcher for the game on PC (where it says Game Settings, Play etc) that in the top left hand corner of the launcher there is a drop down menu - if you change that, does it change anything in the game?

Sentinel
sjonniesjon

Unfortunately not. I always switch that menu selector to us/eng already because I'm used to the english menu's.. but thanks for the tip anyway :smileyhappy:

It seems by the way that the languages are selectable after I copied them from the demo, but, too bad, no commentary sound at all

Sentinel
sjonniesjon

Ok, new solution :smileytongue: After digging some of the Fifa 13 fora I found a clue.

Change your Origin acount here: profile.ea.com

Set your country to be "United Kingdom"

Change your Origin Software to "United Kingdown" as well (Origin -> Account and Privacy)

Restart Origin

Select repair or install for Fifa 14, this will quick because you already downloaded all of the files

I can't test it any further right now, but all the english commentary files seem to be present!

Keeper
raindog42fb

I'm reinstalling now, hoping that might work. If not, I'll try your sollution. Thanks in advance, sjonniesjon!

Keeper
giigiigdasm

I have found the account and privacy menu on Origin but it doesn't give me the option to change the Origin Software to United Kingdom. I don't know if I'm looking at the wrong place though.

Keeper
raindog42fb

Didn't work for me, I even have my account language to English, but it's still in Dutch. Stupid Origin.

Sentinel
sjonniesjon

I've switched my Country of residence. You can change it by taking the following steps:

click on "My account" (profile pic at the top right)

Click on "Edit my profile" button

Click on "Edit" link at "Regional settings" section

Now you can change your country and language

Restart Origin

Now you should see English menus and you should be able to repair your game. To be sure it does a repair, you can remove fifa13.exe from your installation folder. That should do the trick.

Keeper
menno549

Thanks, this works! But i had to remove the installation and reinstall it.