Ask. Answer. Be the Hero.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Keeper
aseeltare

FIFA 14 Manager Career Mode - Can players change positions/roles naturally?

[ Edited ]

Hi ho! 

I've been playing FIFA 14 now since release and today I started to play the Manager Career Mode. Is it possible that players can change positions they have? 

For example it says Christiano Ronaldos standard postion is LW, but he can also play as LM. So if I then play him only as LM, will it then say his standard position is LM? 

I know that sevral different players have 3-4 different positions/roles they can play according to the info you get up by pressing R3. 

And if I scout a youth player that only can play ST will he be able to develop new positions (CF, LW, RW etc.) during his time as a player? 

Keeper
aseeltare

Re: FIFA 14 Manager Career Mode - Can players change positions/roles naturally?

Anyone? 

Keeper
ValphonCoins

ANYONE can player in ANY position :smileyhappy:

Keeper
ValphonCoins

*play not player sorry.

Keeper
ValphonCoins

Oh P.S only on Career mode that works on UT it wont.

Keeper
fcnimma

On career mode you cannot just play any player anywhere you want. CB's won't do much good in a ST position. 

If you simulate I think it will matter what positions a player has (many players have multiple, look at the likes of Goretzka and many others).

If you play yourself I think this matters less. Just check whether their stats fit their position, also, I've played players like John or Salvio as strikers when I can't use any more substitutes, so when you play yourself, just try things out :smileyhappy:

Keeper
cadedaboss24

Actually, I've once played Per Mertesacker in strike for a laugh and he scored a top corner volley from 25+ yards out! :smileyindifferent: