Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
EA_Lars
Topics: 7
XP: 309
Solutions: 1,434

FIFA 14 Crashes or Freezes (PC version)

If you are experiencing crashes with FIFA 14 on your PC, please try the following possible workarounds as they have already been of help to other players.

If you are having trouble running the game, we recommend first making sure your Windows and drivers are up-to-date.

We are aware that FIFA 14 is currently unable to support special characters (such as àéñõü). In the case where you PC name (or your Windows username) contains at least one of these characters, it will cause FIFA 14 to crash. We suggest you to rename your PC name or your Windows user name by following the two solutions provided below:

Your PC name Contains special characters:

If your PC name contains special characters, please rename your PC name. To do so, click on the Start button and follow the below instructions:

• Click on the “Control Panel” and in the “System and Security” section, select “System”.
  • Under “Computer Name, domain and workgroup settings” click on the “Change Settings” button.
  • On the “Computer name” tab, click on the “Change” button.
  • Then, change the computer name and reboot your computer to ensure the changes take effect.

Your Windows username contains special characters:

Please verify if your FIFA 14 config. files are located in a path similar to: C:\Users\Usernàmé\Documents\FIFA 14 (with special characters). If this is the case, please follow the instructions below carefully. As this process is a bit more complicated, if your Windows username contains special characters, you will not need to rename it but simply add a new username.

• Click on the Start button. 
  • Click on the “Control Panel” and in the “User Accounts and Family Safety” section, select “User Accounts”.
  • Click on “Manage User Accounts”.
  • Click on “Add” and enter a new user name (no special characters), and click on “Next” to finish.
  • Make the user an Administrator by clicking on the “Administrator” option and click on “Finish”.
  • (Please be aware that if you are on a network,  you may need to create a local user first from the “Advanced” tab.)

Once you tried the above solution , please try to login with this new Windows user account. Once logged in, launch Origin, then launch FIFA 14 if both options are available to you. If you do not have the Origin icon on your desktop, please reinstall the clients on this new Windows session.

We thank you for your patience and we apologize for the cumbersome workarounds.

Keeper
oldmoistmann

Re: FIFA 14 Crashes or Freezes (PC version)

Any help on Xbox freezes?!

Lookout
thinktwice

I tried all your tips but still don't work :smileysad: Come on we paid for the game ! The demo works whithout any problem

Keeper
laozg

I have the same problem and that is not de solution. Pleease i spend my money in something that doesn't work

XP: 322
Ideas: 2
Solutions: 101

Hi guys,

Please rest assured that EA are aware that some users are still having issues launching their games and they are working to try and find the cause of this problem. Please stay tuned to Answers HQ and ea.com for updates on this.

Thanks for your continued patience.

Answers HQ Hero - Please read sticky topics in your game category before posting your issue. If you have a Answers HQ-related problem, please feel free to PM me for help. I don't offer game support via PM, however, requests for such will go unanswered.
XP = Thanks for helping.
Accept as solution = This solved my problem!

Please be aware I am not an EA employee, merely a volunteer moderator/helper. I cannot move your case along further or credit you back with coins/players.
Keeper
so1oist

Well, after freezing and crashing. I'll wait, nothing else we can do anyway
Lookout
thinktwice

That's what you said for fifa 13 and this has never been fix !!! I just hope that's not be the case for Fifa 14 !/

Keeper
spanglu

It doesn' t work.. it crashes every time i try to play a match, it returns back at the desktop! Please release a solving patch! We spent our moneys for something that doesn't work!
Keeper
Audaces07

Sorry but I paid 40 quid for this and I can't even start the game. On the first screen with Messi's picture and Fifa 14 logo it keeps freezing. Why? 

Keeper
sudhirfifa

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP: UNABLE TO START FIFA 14

I brought the digital version of the game, downloaded and installed it yesterday.

As soon as I start the game through Origin the intial screen of Messi appears for 2-3 seconds and then it just crashes back to the desktop........not even loading the language selection page.

THE FIFA 14 DEMO VERSION WORKED WITHOUT ANY TROUBLE

The configuration of my Laptop is as below:

DELL INSPIRON N5010

OS Name:Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic   Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build7601

System Type      x64-based PC

Processor            Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU       M 480  @ 2.67GHz, 2661 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

Installed Physical Memory (RAM)             4.00 GB

Available Virtual Memory             5.65 GB

ATI RADEON HD 550v 1GB RAM

LIST OF ALL THE CHANGES I TRIED TO MAKE IT WORK:

UPDATED ALL MY VIDEO CARD AND WINDOWS DRIVERS

TRIED RUNNING IN ADMINISTRATOR MODE WITH LOWEST SETTINGS ANS ALSO XP SP3

TRIED DISABLING MY ANTIVIRUS,FIREWALL AND EVEN STARTUP PROGRAMS

I DON'T GET ANY ERROR MESSAGE SO THE REGISTRY SETTINGS WERE FINE

I DONT HAVE ANY USER OR COMPUTER NAMES WHICH HAVE ANY SPECIAL CHARACTERS

I TRIED THE EVENT VIEWER AND I GET THIS MESSAGE: The Desktop Window Manager was unable to start because composition was disabled by a running application

I PAID A HUGE AMOUNT (1ST TIME WITHOUT PIRATING) TO START PLAYING ON RELEASE DAY AND THIS IS HOW ORIGIN AND EA MESS EVERYTHING UP- they don’t have a helpline or any sort of customer support…..pathetic    PLZ HELP AND LET ME KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS………………