Help us improve Answer HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks
Ask. Answer. Be the Hero.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Keeper
fdbonline

Crashes when "Preparing for New Season" in Career Mode (Manager)

Hey!

Well, the title is pretty self-explanatory.

I'm playing Career Mod as a Manager with Manchester City. When the first season ends (everything went perfectly, won a lot throughout the season) the game requires you to press start to move on to the next season. So the screen with "One for the future" (or something like that) appears and the loading bard at the bottom starts filling up. As soon as it reached 3/4, the game jumps back to Windows Desktop. Tried every possible solution (Setting Origin to run as administrator, FIFA.exe too, even setting FIFA to run in Compatibility Mode with Windows XP SP3 and Windows 7).

I'm using Windows 7 x64. I have a powerful PC. I can run the game at high details level, AAx4, etc. I highly disbelieve that it's my PCs problem.

This issue happened to me about 20 times. I've already uninstalled the game, re-downloaded and re-installed from Origin and it keeps on happening. Don't know what else to do. I hope you can help me out =)

Thanks a lot in advance.

Keeper
fdbonline

Re: Crashes when "Preparing for New Season" in Career Mode (Manager)

Anybody?

Keeper
fdbonline

Come on EA!!! I payed for this game, you have to give me some answer!

Keeper
daveb517

I have Windows x64 too and I don't have this problem. Strange

Did you try a new career and again at the end of the season the game crashes? Maybe you should completely uninstall your game (saves from pc and origin also). I have no idea why it is happening to you. 

Did you try it on another PC?

Keeper
gcrack97

Ok so when you get the "Preparing for New Season" screen, hit "Alt" and "Tab" (this should take you to the desktop or the last window you were on before launching the game) and dont click on anything, wait for like a minute, and then press on the fifa icon again, and you should be in your new season! I hope it helps, I just tried it today and it worked.

Cheers,

Gabo.

Keeper
kevinff

Having the same problem here... Did you manage to fix it? someone told me that he heard it's probably because of the customised or latest squads. He said he started his career with default squads and hasn't had this problem, but I don't know...

Keeper
jadehouzi

[ Edited ]

I am going to try the Alt Tab "fix" and report back if it works.  It crashes at 75% complete of the new season.  If this works it would save this game for me.

Keeper
Stoilmajagata

I had this problem last year too, and i know its because of the latest squads, i had a career mode with fiorentina(with default squads) and i could sim to the next season without a problem, then in my other career modes(with latest squads) i couldn't, its the same this year, there is still no fix for it, and the thing i do to fix it may not be helpful to everyone, i have a friend who plays fifa just like me, so i just send him my career mode file and he finishes the season for me, then he sends it back and everything is ok.... really hope this helps someone.

Keeper
RayyeW

when i resigned my national team it worked again....

Keeper
Ansokbeatz

this works!!! THANKS!!