Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Can't play FIFA 14 on Xbox Live-- Corrupted online squad file?

by goldaztecpuma

Original Post

Can't play FIFA 14 on Xbox Live-- Corrupted online squad file?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I've been trying to play FIFA 14 on my new Xbox One but everytime I connect to a player it says my "squad file does not match that of your opponent". It suggests I should delete the online squad file and re-download. How do I do that?

Thanks. 

Message 1 of 96 (42,628 Views)

Re: Can't play FIFA 14 on Xbox Live-- Corrupted online squad file?

★★★★ Novice
I've got the exact same problem.

You can delete the squads under customise/profile/delete. It hasn't done me any good though , I maybe get one or two games at best before the problem re-occurs. I think it's something to do with editing the lineup and making subs to be honest. If you delete the squads but then try playing with the default lineup it seems okay.

You can't delete proper files from your hdd anymore on the new Xbox which is a joke as I'm pretty sure it could help in this situation.
Message 2 of 96 (42,273 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

I'm having exactly the same problem, when I do eventually find a connection that wasn't lost. It seems to happen as ads46 says when you have edited a squad.  

Message 3 of 96 (42,097 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same problem here. It also takes ages to even get a game, constantly saying lost connection to opponent. When I finaly get through to a game it then tells me my squad file does not match the oppontent. I have tried resting, updating and even deleteing and my settings, squads and career data but still did not fix it.

Message 4 of 96 (41,987 Views)

★★★★ Novice
+1
Message 5 of 96 (41,979 Views)

★★ Novice

Same Problem! So Annoying!

Message 6 of 96 (41,936 Views)

★★ Novice

Had some luck with this:

Customize>Edit Teams>Reset squads>download latest squad

Message 7 of 96 (41,921 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem with the ps4, and no matter what I do I can't delete the online squad file

Message 8 of 96 (41,900 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I actually just found a way to fix it, go to customize -> profile -> delete -> online squad

Once you do that return online and it will redownload file properly

Message 9 of 96 (41,899 Views)

★★★★ Novice

so, we can't play because we edited line up and tactics? this is a f***ing joke. I bought the Xbone especially for FIFA, which is now useless seeing as I can't delete the squads as the game so helpfully advises me to do. Redownloading the squads with the method above does not correct the issue - I still have my same custom tactics and line ups as default

EA, fix this

Message 10 of 96 (41,834 Views)

Secure your account

Turn on Login Verification to access FUT Web and Companion Apps, and protect your information.

View more on EA Help

Preventing disconnects and DNFs

Troubleshoot your connection to avoid DNFs.