Ask. Answer. Be the Hero.
Keeper
goldaztecpuma

Can't play FIFA 14 on Xbox Live-- Corrupted online squad file?

[ Edited ]

I've been trying to play FIFA 14 on my new Xbox One but everytime I connect to a player it says my "squad file does not match that of your opponent". It suggests I should delete the online squad file and re-download. How do I do that?

Thanks. 

Keeper
ads46

Re: Can't play FIFA 14 on Xbox Live-- Corrupted online squad file?

I've got the exact same problem.

You can delete the squads under customise/profile/delete. It hasn't done me any good though , I maybe get one or two games at best before the problem re-occurs. I think it's something to do with editing the lineup and making subs to be honest. If you delete the squads but then try playing with the default lineup it seems okay.

You can't delete proper files from your hdd anymore on the new Xbox which is a joke as I'm pretty sure it could help in this situation.
Keeper
aticatac46

I'm having exactly the same problem, when I do eventually find a connection that wasn't lost. It seems to happen as ads46 says when you have edited a squad.  

Keeper
mk3golf

Same problem here. It also takes ages to even get a game, constantly saying lost connection to opponent. When I finaly get through to a game it then tells me my squad file does not match the oppontent. I have tried resting, updating and even deleteing and my settings, squads and career data but still did not fix it.

Keeper
uwsnowboard

+1
Keeper
gelboy007

Same Problem! So Annoying!

Keeper
gelboy007

Had some luck with this:

Customize>Edit Teams>Reset squads>download latest squad

Keeper
tipapite

I am having the same problem with the ps4, and no matter what I do I can't delete the online squad file

Keeper
tipapite

I actually just found a way to fix it, go to customize -> profile -> delete -> online squad

Once you do that return online and it will redownload file properly

Keeper
trevordans

so, we can't play because we edited line up and tactics? this is a f***ing joke. I bought the Xbone especially for FIFA, which is now useless seeing as I can't delete the squads as the game so helpfully advises me to do. Redownloading the squads with the method above does not correct the issue - I still have my same custom tactics and line ups as default

EA, fix this