Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

" "Unable to connect to EA servers at this time. Please check your network connection or try again"

by bulletsingh

Original Post

" "Unable to connect to EA servers at this time. Please check your network connection or try again"

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I am in a university which has a wi fi network. It has good speed of upto 200 KBps. I play FIFA 13 game on my Macbook Pro mid 2012 13". I can sign in to origin account easily(origin is an ea sports online client software which is used to launch any EA's game). I launch FIFA 13 from my origin acc. When the game starts, "checking connection..." message is displayed for a few seconds and after that "Unable to connect to EA servers at this time. Please check your network connection or try again."

This message is a little different when I DONT have an internet conction.. Then it shows "The EA servers are not available at this time. Try again later"

There is no firewall problem because at home when I use my broadband connection there is no such issue....

So, what may be the problem. Is it that university administration has blocked the game connections...

Please, help!!!

Message 1 of 4 (5,634 Views)

Re: " "Unable to connect to EA servers at this time. Please check your network connection or try again"

★★★★ Novice

I have the same problem. I moved from where I once lived to another area. The first place I lived I could have played online without a problem. Now that I have moved i got another wi fi network I have the problem. I called my internet providers and they are coming to see about it. If the problem is fixed i promise i will come back and notify you on the situation.

Message 2 of 4 (3,959 Views)

Re: " "Unable to connect to EA servers at this time. Please check your network connection or try again"

★★★★ Novice

I had this problem early boxing day and by the night i was wrongfully banned. Dont bother talking to EA customer service as they are an absolute disgrace. **bleep**ing fuming!!!!!!

Message 3 of 4 (3,938 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I have great news. I called the internet providers and they reset and updated my account for my internet and it worked.

Message 4 of 4 (3,926 Views)

Secure your account

Turn on Login Verification to access FUT Web and Companion Apps, and protect your information.

View more on EA Help

Check out the new EA Help!

We want to make finding the help you need better, faster, and easier.

So, we’ve had some work done at help.ea.com