Help us improve Answer HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks
Ask. Answer. Be the Hero.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Keeper
ramtejs

fifa 13 on windows 8

I got fifa 13 . My laptop is running with windows 8. fifa 12 was working but fifa 13 wasn't opening at all. generally we need to change the program compability to windows 7 and it works. But for fifa 13 it was not working. please help 

Keeper
dsouzadrian

Re: fifa 13 on windows 8

I got some error, not exactly sure what it was. But it was something along the lines of this application isn't designed to run on this system. It wouldn't let me open the config files even, so I'm back down to windows 7 for now. Pinged Origin Customer Support yesterday, and they don't support windows 8. But the guy I spoke said he would forward the request to his seniors.

Keeper
Spijkers82

Try starting up Origin as administrator while running Windows 8. That worked for me. Before I got to the logo screen and then the program stopped working...

Keeper
booyoothree

Unfortunately that didn't work for me...

Hoping EA will release a patch soon...

Protector
rabbsn

never buy a new OS when it first comes out :smileywink: 

Keeper
booyoothree

Managed to get it working... But now I have no commentary... 

From within Origin I clicked to remove Fifa. it took me to the windows remove programs screen. I removed it.

Renamed my Fifa 13 folder in my documents

Downloaded and installed Fifa 13 again. Now it would start and I could play a match.

Commentary is not working, but I  guess its because my origin language was on Dutch when I installed. Gonna try and put it to english and repair installation.

Just to inform EA. I upgraded a windows 7 install to windows 8 pro and kept all me apps and settings

After that I refreshed windows 8 whilst letting it remove all prgrams. After that I repaired fifa from Origin. It didn't start. Above steps got it working, but now I dont have commenatary!

Keeper
desperation88

Run Origin as an Administrator :smileyhappy: It should help!

Keeper
terrorpatty

sadly i have the same problem... i tryed everything run as admin.. change the compatibility, reinstall but nothing works

everything what i try and everytime when starting fifa 13 on windows 8 crashing to desktop after the logo

Keeper
thedutchmafia

i right clicked on the game in origin and "repair instal"

Keeper
samfischkopf

Fifa 13 supports now Windows 8 after the new patch today!