Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
eaeve
Topics: 79
XP: 449
Solutions: 462

[SOLUTION] Fifa 13 Career Mode Crash/ Freeze

We’re aware that some players are encountering game freezes when playing Career Mode in FIFA 13. Below you can find a list of steps we recommend to help fix this issue.

Save Game Suggestions

• If you can load your save file, try loading it, and then re-saving it in a different save slot with a new name
  • If you’re playing on Xbox, try using cloud storage instead of local storage. Move (not copy) all your career mode saves to the cloud, and then select the cloud as your storage device the next time you load up FIFA 13.

Manager Mode Suggestions

• If you have sent scouts out, load up a working save and then recall them. Also, go to your Youth Team and release players to keep it at around 7 people.
  • Load up an old save from a previous season (if available), and then sim your matches until the transfer window ends. After deadline day, save the game, quit and then see if the old save file works.
  • If you’re at the squad-size cap of 42, try releasing a few players (youngsters you don’t really care about if possible). Once you’ve cleared some space in your squad, we recommend keeping at least 1 space whenever possible.
In-Game Suggestions
  • If your game keeps freezing on a specific date/match, try to sim past that date.
  • Turn off “Hospitality settings”
    • On Xbox, select “Xbox Live”  (in-game main menu option), select “Xbox Live Settings” and then go to “Hospitality Settings”
    • On PS3 , select “Online Modes” (in-game menu option), select “Online Settings” and then “Hospitality Settings”
Please Note – Don’t delete your personal settings to do this. While this will remove your hospitality settings, it will also delete your Virtual Pro.

Technical Suggestions
  • Reset your modem and router, and clear your system’s cache
    • For Xbox 360 players, please take a look at this article on the Xbox Support Center
    • For PS3 players, please take a look at this article on our Help Center
  • Delete your EA Sports GameFace
  • Check to see if your save file is corrupted
    • For Xbox players, we recommend taking a look at this article on the Microsoft Support Center
    • On PS3, take a look at your FIFA 13 save game files in the Save Data Utility. If any have! As a part of the file name, it has bad data. This file has to be deleted, and your save will be lost.
In order to avoid Career Mode freezing issues, we recommend doing the following to avoid encountering difficulties:
  • Keep multiple game saves, each at different points in the season
  • Don’t try too many transfers at one time
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------。◕‿◕。------------------
Thank you for being part of Answer HQ Community!
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer somebody's question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keeper
xMan9oor

Fifa 13 Career Mode Crash/ Freeze.

My fifa 13 career mode keeps on freezing on the date 'July 8th 2016' .. Im using a PS3, and i dont have the  EA Sports Central app .. So how can i get this fixed?

Keeper
doabigben619

Re: Fifa 13 Career Mode Crash/ Freeze.

Your problem is not that bad actually, you get to play to 2016, mine froze at 30 may 2013. EA is not planning to fix it I guess because it has been a while since this problem was reported.

Keeper
xMan9oor

[ Edited ]

Happened to me aswell on your same date, so I decided to make a new career mode and it lasted till this date (July 8th 2012), and I cant be bothered to start a new career mode. I'll just wait for a solution. EA, help please?

Keeper
amizac

FIFA 13 Freezing when going to contracts in career mode (PS3)

So I was able to install the new update for FIFA 13 today. Before I was having issues of FIFA 13 freezing after my first season when trying to advance from May 30 to May 31. That problem has been fixed thankfully! But now I'm in the offseason and have player contracts expiring, but nothing I can do about it cause it freezes anytime I try to access player contracts. Anybody else having this problem? I'm so disappointed with this game thus far because of all the freezing problems it's having. It's so frustrating considering I spent $60 for a game to only work, some! Any ideas?

Keeper
szabmeister

Re: FIFA 13 Freezing when going to contracts in career mode (PS3)

I have the exact same problem! I waited THREE WEEKS for this problem to be fixed, so I was obviously full of excitement when I saw that the update, which was promised for last weekend, finally came out! I entered career mode and finally got past 30th May, but then as you said, my game froze when I wanted to view the player contracts screen after I got a message.
I rebooted the game and kept on ignoring the player contracts messages. However, since I have to extend the contracts of some of my players, I tried to give it another go, but decided to take a look at the sell players list first. When I clicked on the sell players tab the game froze the exact way it froze before, messing my PS3 up.
The fact that I had to pay all that money and my favourite game mode isn't working is bad enough, but all this freezing is having an effect on my console too, and I don't want to have to take it to service because I have to reboot the system every single time the game stops working.

Keeper
vidic2012

Career Mode Freeze - EA, are you going to fix?

Patch doesn't work, can't get past July 9, 2014.  Could you please just let us know if you are actually going to fix this?  If not, would you be willing to refund my full purchase price?

Keeper
joeywildd

Career Freeze!

my career mode always feezzes, on second season and cant move passed 3rd day. it always freezes when i select a player either mine or on the transfer window. and this is after the update. this is getting extremely anoying

Keeper
sircrowmarsh

Re: Career Freeze!

I'm on the PS3 and after applying the update in every game I get a stutter in gameplay for a fraction of a second. I never got this before the update.

Keeper
jland0133

Ea reports it's fixed. It's NOT. Been playing FIFA for 8 years straight and this is ridiculous. I've never seen so many issue in a game before. Ive had to put on the shelf. Extremly disappointed in this year's title.