Ask. Answer. Be the Hero.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Keeper
punni1000
Accepted Solution

ORIGIN WONT GO ONLINE

I CANT GET ONLINE FROM ORIGIN>I HAVE MY INTERNET CONNECTION RUNNING.BUT T SHOWS OFFLINE>AND THE BUTTON GO ONLINE DOES NOT WORK.PLEASE HELP.I CANNOT ACCESS ONLINE FEATURES OF MMY FIFA 13!!!

Sentinel
lokisd

Re: ORIGIN WONT GO ONLINE

Keeper
laurelnhardy

If the server is down, do origin give a reason? and for how long it will be down?

Sentinel
lokisd

Doesn't seem that way. Status page says squat about the details, as you can see. Would be nice if they had an eta, or even "Oops, something broke. We're working on it."

Keeper
alexbrkw

Hey, EA, I have a simple request.  I have a friendly suggestion that might keep people from being so irate with the mysterious "go online" button that does absolutely nothing when the servers are down.  You see, sometimes the "go online" button doesn't work for reasons other than the servers are down.  Just like many other people out there, I first restarted my internet connection.  Then I restarted my computer.  Then I reinstalled origin.  Then I went online and had to find out from people posting the same problem in forums that there is a server status page.  All of this could have been avoided, and it would have been very simple.  With the next update, you could include a short, simple message that appears when the servers are down and the "go online" does nothing.  That message could read something like this:  "Servers are currently down.  For current server status, visit http://www.origin.com/status."

If you wanted to be really nice, you could say something like, "We're sorry, but the servers have gone down temporarily.  We're working on the problem and will have the servers back up as soon as possible.  For current server status, visit http://www.origin.com/status."

And if you wanted to go the extra mile, you could find a way to put server status in the origin client, and/or put an estimated time of server repair.  I know that one is pretty far fetched, but the last two would be very easy to implement.

From your perspective, it would be less people blasting Origin, and more people buying your games.  More money for you, right?

Keeper
oceagenadi

The servers are still offline EA! Why on Earth would you change thread to "Solved". Seriously you guys are the worst customer service I've ever experienced.

Keeper
fraknight

Have to say it took me too long to find that the problem is not in my computer but surprisingly on EA's side - as often.

It would be really great to inform players without having to do search on internet or EA help (these thread weren't here when I encountered the problem).

And I have to say, times like these I almost envy pirates who can play Origin games without connection to internet - because it doesn't matter if bought the game I have to hope the EA servers works to play single player.

Keeper
rugby2011inbaok

Server page says they are up and running but I can still not go online with orgin.  As you can see I am able to login to the Origin.com page and write this, but

can't login to origin and play my games.  I have done all the reinstall's, updates, etc...   Why won;t this crap work.  Never ever had a problem in the past 4 years

of playing. 

Keeper
rugby2011inbaok

Obama care website infected Origin.

Keeper
lyricallover

I can't get online and it the status is good so, I don't know what is wrong with mine.