Ask. Answer. Be the Hero.
Sentinel
debenpoison
Accepted Solution

Fifa 13 & Origin installation issues

I purchased a legit, real copy of Fifa 13 and have tried to install it via the DVD.

Origin popped up and I proceeded to install it.  After updating it and the application mentioning I must re-open Origin to continue after the update I did as such.

Now Origin is running however I cannot open it, it doesnt seem to be doing anything and Fifa 13 is not installed?

Why can I not install Fifa 13 and what on earth is this Origin nonsense doing?

I can't be sure but it seems to be using my bandwidth as my Internet connection seems slow now that it is running, however I cannot even open the application? If I right click on the System tray Origin icon the "Open Origin" icon is greyed out and all I can do is close it.

PLEASE can somebody tell me how the hell you install FIFA these days!

I'm exceptionally frustrated and dissapointed with EA after this, probably the last title I'll buy from them.

Sentinel
debenpoison

Re: Fifa 13 & Origin installation issues

I forgot to mention that my DVD drive on my notebook is faulty, so I copied the files on to a USB flash drive from another PC, then installed Origin via the flash drive. Is it possible that the game cannot install via this method? If not, would a removable USB DVD Drive give me the same problem? I dont want to go purchase a USB DVDRW drive just to *ATTEMPT* to install Fifa 13 Please could I have some feedback!
Sentinel
debenpoison

Assistance please.......

Sentinel
ya93sin

First of all, reinstall Origin, something is faulty and causing it to crash on open.

Next, redeem the CD Serial Key in Origin by going to the top left of the client, Origin --> Redeem Product Code and enter your serial key there.

You can install from the disc but I'd personally advise installing from the internet, that is if your download limit per month allows it. I mean there's a 200MB patch released yesterday for starters anyway.

Sentinel
debenpoison

thank you for the response!

Well after numerous "disconnects and restarts of origin due to updates"

origin has finally decided to come alive and the application is now working. i did indeed redeem my serial and the game is downloading.

what id like to know is would origin be able to locate the files for fifa from my usb flashdrive rather than downloading the entire game? if not....im assuming a removable usb dvdrw drive would give me the same problem? as in..origin not being able to locate the games files via usb?
Sentinel
ya93sin

Basically, you'd need a disk driver emulator such as Dameon Tools lite, and an .iso image creator.

Then you'd copy disk contents on usb driver, make them into a .iso file, and Daemon Tools can mount it as a virtual drive. The issue is it rarely works for legit games as there's hidden information on the disk that won't copy over. It's best to do it through Origin imo.

Keeper
wazzy786

i have to face the same problem.i don't know how to fix it.. :smileysad:

Keeper
wazzy786

i have the face problem.i don't know how to fix it.. :smileysad:

Sentinel
debenpoison

hi wazzy i faced this 'issue' for 3 days until I was able to play fifa 13....what I can tell you is the only issue here is origin!

I have a slow internet connection and origin took 2-3 days to completely install/update itself to a point where it was able to actually open and then finally start downloading fifa 13.

on numerous occassions probably 5 or 6 times it would update with a 45mb patch however once the update was done, it would ask to be restarted and when opened again would continue to do the same patchover and over again. As I say just bare with it and let it doits thing, restart it if necessary and let it continue. For 3 days it did this, until eventually it updated and i could begin installing fifa. Whether it was an ea issue, an origin issue or a problem with either of them and my slow connection - i dont know!

FIX: Bare with it and ttrust that hopefully it just updates and proceeds. Keep trying and and just continue to repeat the process...as eventually it will do its thing and install/update itself.

My money is on the issue being an overload on the ea/Origin servers....so just keep trying. Its worth it....great game, terrible software to have to use but worth it in the end! GOODLUCK :-)
Keeper
gamerzar

[ Edited ]

well this totally sucks big time i have had this issue since fifa 12 too i don't know why have a good game and useless softwares really its annoying "NOW ITS UPDATING" :smileysurprised: