Ask. Answer. Be the Hero.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Keeper
eivindws

FIFA 13 Career Mode Job Offers

[ Edited ]

Hi, I'm playing career mode in FIFA13 and I have to say I love it. Though there is a little thing thats bugging me. I am now in my 7th season, I have won 4 league titles, 1 national cup, and 2 international cups. Also, I have won the WC with Brazil. Even though I have good results as a manager I still get rejected by the top clubs that have their manager job open. Every job application is rejected. This is bugging me, I want to manage a better club, and I should be able to. I think that maybe I can get the jobs that have a goal for qualification for CL or EL, but not the ones that have the "Win league title" goal.

Is it supposed to be like this, or are something wrong?

Keeper
harmoniser

Re: FIFA 13 Career Mode Job Offers

[ Edited ]
Hi, I had he same problem. I won the league twice with spurs, a Europa league and then a European cup. I won the world cup with brazil. I couldn't get a top job but got a offer from Roma who weren't in the champions league, then won seria a 2 years on the trot picking up a Europa league and european cup and also won the European championship with England. Basically I'm the best manager who ever lived but I can only get jobs with mid league teams.

There is either a bug or a badly designed system. I think EA need to make it possible for you also to have a much wider system or allow you agent to sound out other clubs. For example if I want manage a team in the MLS it's never going to happen, as your restricted to offers from 2-3 countries.
Keeper
007djay

I started with New Yorks Red Bulls and it went downhill from there. I've pratically won everything but no good teams accept my applications. I've had to pick from the best of the rest. Sporting KC (MLS), Al Nassr (Suadi League), P.Warszawa (Poland), Brisbane Roar (Australia), Ulsan Hyundai (Korea). No quality teams at all.

Keeper
harmoniser

Intresting it blows my other theory that starting for a lower team and making them succefull might help with job offers sounds like it doesn't. I also have a feeling that the international results don't have any impact on your rating I forgot to mention I also won the world cup with Brazil and England, but I still can't get out of Roma and back to England. The only jobs coming up are Liverpool, Man City and Arsenal and the keep rejecting me, I'm now in a Mourinho style sulk on the touch lines!

Keeper
eivindws

Okay, sorry for not answering back, but I found that if you turn a lower league in England into a top club you actually can go to a better club. I did this with Leeds United. I went there in Championship, advanced to Premier League and was top of the league by christmas with the "not relegated" goal. This way I was able to go to Man United. This seems to be one of the ways. Though it is highly unrealistic that it would happen IRL which destroyes some fun of it. The other way I found was when I won the treble with Dortmund (bundesliga, DP, CL). I was able to go to Arsenal at th end of the season. I also miss the manager offers you would get at the end of the season in previous FIFAs.

Keeper
phip900

Hi guys, I found this thread as I'm also experiencing this. Took Charlton up to the Prem, but was tempted to apply for Arsenal earlier than planned. Seven years and 15 trophies later, I want to move on. Been dying to go to Spain, waited and waited for decent jobs (six months of none whatseoever!) before finally applying to AC Milan. Got the job but didn't accept right away and it disappeared by the next day. 

Since then, Real, Valencia, Roma and Juventus have all turned me down, over and over again. Like others on here, I'm one of the most successful managers of all time, but I can't even get midtable jobs. I've reloaded old games too, but it doesn't work. I'm stuck at a club I don't want to be at and will probably give up Career Mode before finding a new club. Ridiculous! 

Keeper
kiddami3n

Same problem here, Been with arsenal for 6 seasons, won the league each time, won 3 champions league titles, 4 FA cup titles, 3 Copa europe titles, and a bunch of other titles i cant keep track of but during this time I never once got an offer from another club, I didn't even think it could happen, I thought you had to get one through the browse jobs mode but there was never a good club looking for a manager. So, after the 6 seasons, i decided to browse the jobs and took a job from Granada (20th place and wanted to finish mid table) in la liga and they accepted My main goal was to get to Barca, but there was never a job offer for them in the list so my theory was that going to la liga would let an offer show up. Halfway through the season with granada, Barcelona were 6th place and their team showed up in the jobs listed and i applied a million times but always got denied, Barca moved up to 2nd place and the offer dissapeared, so then my next theory was that a team had to be doing badly in order to accept a manager for a place. During la liga with granada, i recieved offers from bilbao, valencia and atletico madrid. it was the first time i ever recieved offfers to manage clubs, at the end of the season which i won with granada, i recieved an offer from milan, i denied them all because i thought id get with barca next season. The next season came and barca's been in 6th place a while and still denying my offer, and get this, United are 8th in their league and instead of their objective being to win the title, it was to qualify for CL, so i thought maybe they'd take me since they were doing so badly, they also denied lol., pretty crappy if you ask me, EA needs to fix this in fifa 14 maybe, makes me feel like not playing anymore

Keeper
null

Hi Guys, I was reading this thread because I was having the same problems, and got the managers job at Manchester United while I was reading your replys! I started out with Accrington Stanley, took them up to the English 1st div, got offered the Birmingham City job halfway through that season, took it and got  them from the Championship into the EPL, and applied for the Manchester Utd job after 10 games, which, unbelievably, I got. I only play at amateur level (I love Fifa, but I dont get that much playing time, so I'm not the greatest), and I always try and jump ship halfway through seasons, so I dont know if this has something to do with getting the good jobs? Incidently, I've also noticed that even with Manchester, I'm still on a £4k salary! Hope this info might help. Cheers, Gav.

Keeper
BremenBoyDarby

I'm having the same problem. Even though I've only been with my club (Toulouse FC) for three seasons, the team used to have no 80 rated players and now they are all 83 overall or above in the starting 11 (apart from my 79 ovr RB, but who cares about a RB?). I've won the Coupe de Ligue, which is like the French Capital One Cup and then I won the league and reached the semi-final of the Champions league after beating Barcelona 5-2 on aggregate and I destroyed them. Surely that would've vaught other clubs attention, but NO! I was rejected multiple times by Udinese, Lazio, Arsenal and even LIVERPOOL said I don't have the right credentials! WTF? The only other clubs there are **bleep**ty mid-table teams with £4 million transfer budgets aswell as PSG and Stade Rennais, but I don't want to stay in Ligue 1, I want to be somewhere else! I had an offer from Napoli in season 2 but I hadn't finished my project and now that I have no interest in staying with Toulouse there is nobody that wants to take me on board. Is this fair? 

Keeper
eivindws

Okay so it seems that we all have some issues regarding the same problem, and EA havent released any important info about career mode on FIFA 14 yet, but surely they have taken these issues into account. I dont know if we are experiencing some sort of bug or if it simply is supposed to be hard to changing clubs, but anyways I would really like to have the offers at the end of the season brought back for FIFA 14. I missed this on 13, and it has been end of season-offers in all the previous FIFAs. It really should be in the game since there are many managers IRL that changes club between seasons, like David Moyes from Everton to Manchester United.