Ask. Answer. Be the Hero.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Acolyte
artyxcrazyx

Career Mode - Goalkeeper rating drops.

Hi,

I have started a career mode as a goalkeeper, I make great saves and keep clean sheets. But during games when my team is on the attack, I just stand in my area where any normal keeper would, and my rating drops from 8.0 to 4.0 in a matter of minutes!

I had this same thing on Fifa 12, I thought it would be fixed, or does anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Keeper
hidedennis

Re: Career Mode - Goalkeeper rating drops.

same problem here...seem we need to give instruction to teamate when they are attacking.....

Keeper
ashdrake13

Mine does, only at away games, I'm keeping clean sheets and being rated 4.0. I'm only having to make a save every 3 matches or so as my defends is so good! (Southend united) its really annoying because I will never meets season targets at this rate. I've played 8, 7 of which were clean sheets, and my average is 5.1. The only goal I conceded was a penalty! I think ea really need to fix this!
Keeper
IainW

Yeah it's really annoying. I notice that in all the threads on this subject EA is not responding to anyone on this subject though.

Sentinel
laini

I was really hoping this would have been addressed by now. 

At least at the end of the match you seem to get more info on how you've played but it doesn't seem fair that if I never get the chance to save the ball that my rating should drop so low. 

And as there's not really a way to practice it means you play a ton of matches doing nothing and getting poor ratings then when an opponent does get a shot you end up missing the save and your rating drops even further >_<

Keeper
james2511

Having this problem too, so annoying! Been playing for half a season now and I've been loaned from my original premiership club (fulham) to league 2 plymouth argyle where I'm now not even starting regularly.

Keeper
pangolin1987

I've found the Answer!! 

After you are pissed off cos u conceded a goal or 2, ur rating is still 4.0 despite the 10 shots u saved... turn the CPU abilities all the way down and run the ball into the opponents goal ur self... my goalie scored 3 goals and got the rating he deserved! LOL **bleep** you fifa!

Keeper
sloppynips

If your keeper isn't doing much in the game but his rating is dropping quickly, it is probably because the game is reading your keeper as "out of position." This is one of the stats seen at the end of game summary screen. While your team is on the attack, your keeper needs to be in the proper area(which is hard to find) or else you will be deducted for dozens of out of position calls.

Keeper
cacusi40x

Okay, the fact that our keeper is OUT OF POSITION has already been established. The problem that we are talking about is this: seemingly no matter where I stand in the entire box, my rating falls steadily, regardless of # of saves or clean sheets. If the game is reading us out of position, perhaps there should be some freaking arrows pointing us to the ideal position. After all, all the outfield positions are afforded these arrows. Yes, this pisses me off too, all but makes Be a Keeper mode not playable.

Keeper
kahlest

Same problem here, clean sheet and my rating dropped all time....

FIX IT PLS !!!