Ask. Answer. Be the Hero.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lookout
mangamaan

Captain in career mode?

[ Edited ]

I'm in 2018 with my VP, 85 ST, I was in Barcelona for maybe 3-4 seasons, always in the top 5 in team ranking for the last 2, then Man City for 2-3 seasons mainly on top of the ranking, but I never got promoted to captain? Is it possible?

Also when it comes to national teams I have a similar issue, every single time I get called up for a game the news feed says its my debutgame, meaning I can never reach any type of rank here either, even tho I'm far superior to the rest of the team (Norway)...

The main reason I want to be captain is so that I can play as VP only and still be able to train the FK and corner skills, which I now have to control the whole team to be able to attempt, which makes boring games where I dribble outside the penaltyarea

Lookout
mangamaan

Re: Captain in career mode?

BUMP

Lookout
mangamaan

bump... need answer if it's supposed to be possible to become captain at least?

Sentinel
skiihiigh

Lucky you got to 2018! My career completly freezes on november 7 2013!

Lookout
roymee

Having captain-issues as well.

-I too am constantly 'making my debut' for the Dutch national team every single time again, even though I've been with them on entire campaigns and tournaments.
-When I'm a captain (like I was at Sheffield Wednesday, my starting club) I tend to get switched off like any regular player. Despite 8- or 8-ratings the times I played an entire match are zero to none.

There are far, far worse bugs then this though...this is a 'tip of the iceberg' , yet extremely annoying, bug. And EA is known to almost never fix those..or fix bugs in general. Once they get your money it's over.

Lookout
mangamaan

Well in that case I might just consider getting a refund while I still can as AC3 is released soon anyways, almost guaranteed to be good...

Lookout
roymee

Yeah, AC3 is an example of how a game develoepr actually invests time and love into a franchise.

Something EA will never understand. As far as I can remember, I've never bought a bug-free EA game in my life. And I've been around since the N64 time...

Sentinel
RG-ZiPouet

Hi, just for you to know, I became a Captain after my second season. Problem is that it does not allow you to choose takers as on previous FIFA...

Don't know if it's a bug or not.

Keeper
marxxam

You can become a Captain, but I believe it's all for show. There is nothing you can actually do and no notifications as to you becoming a captain. Generally it happens when you are one of the highest rated players on your team. You can become Captain in your domestic and international teams. All you get is the armband, that's how I noticed it at first. If you then pause and go into player ratings you will see the C next to your player meaning you are indeed the captain. The thing is I don't think that you have any unique abilities as Captain and it's mostly for show. I do not know specifically how you become Captain, it does not require you to be the highest rated player on the team, but from what i've noticed, at least top 5. I am not sure if performance also has an effect on it. I know that if you started a career and began in the npower 2 with almost any team, you would most likely be captain in the first season. Then if you chose Bolivia as your nation, you would most likely be Captain from their first game. 

One weird thing I have noticed is that when you walk out of the tunnel as captain, you lead the team out, but then you do not stand next to the officials like you should once everyone is lined up so maybe it's a bug. The commentators do say stuff like "It's the Captain, leading by example." or "It's the man with the armband who did the job" or something like that when you score as Captain.

Other than the fact that you do lead your team out of the tunnel, you get the Captain's armband on your player, and the commentators do acknowledge you as captain, there really aren't any other perks to being a Captain. There isn't anything that tells you that you are captain, the only way to really know is to see if you lead your team out of the tunnel or you could just go to player ratings in the menu and see if you have the C next to your name.

Keeper
julianfresh

[ Edited ]

i