my sims3 game is not downloading on my orgin

by alisiavirden

Original Post

Accepted Solution

my sims3 game is not downloading on my orgin

★★★ Newbie

hello my sims 3 game will not download on orgin, i had it downloaded already but when i went to go play it, it would not let me at all, the play was not in orange to click on it to play, i clicked my sims3 on my home screen (on my desktop) not inside orgin and it still would not work, so i un installed it on my pc, now i am trying to re install it and it is taking forever! it is at 46 percent after 3 days! i payed for these games with my hard earn money, and its not fair that i cannot play it, i dont want all my money i spent on these sims 3 games to go down the drain, i need it to work, can u help me please 

Message 1 of 4 (213 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: my sims3 game is not downloading on my orgin

EA DICE Team

@alisiavirden

Are you getting an error message or is the download just slow?

To speed up a download, try the following:

• Use a wired connection
  • Run your system in a clean boot
  • Turn on Safe Mode Downloading via Origin, Application Settings, Advanced (sometimes this slows the download)

If you run into further issues, please clear your Origin cache and run the program as administrator afterwards. Please also note to make sure you added an exception for Origin to your firewall and anti-virus.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (216 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@alisiavirden  Hi,

First off, make sure that you are running the Origin Client as administrator, so that it has sufficient rights to create folders and write files on your system partition: http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-do-i-run-a-program-or-a-game-as-an-administrator/

Please check out this article here afterwards. We have had reports of downloads reverting when the file system for the partition is set to FAT32. This is due to a limitation, files larger than 4GB cannot be written. Read more about that here: http://help.ea.com/en/article/origin-download-stops/

If that isn't the issue, please try to download the game using Safe Mode Downloading. You can activate that by going to Origin > Application Settings > Advanced > Safe Mode Downloading

Let me know how you get on afterwards.

Thank you,

Nils

Message 2 of 4 (203 Views)

EA DICE Team

@alisiavirden

Are you getting an error message or is the download just slow?

To speed up a download, try the following:

• Use a wired connection
  • Run your system in a clean boot
  • Turn on Safe Mode Downloading via Origin, Application Settings, Advanced (sometimes this slows the download)

If you run into further issues, please clear your Origin cache and run the program as administrator afterwards. Please also note to make sure you added an exception for Origin to your firewall and anti-virus.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Message 3 of 4 (217 Views)

EA DICE Team

@alisiavirden

We were so eager to help you that @EA_Nils and I double posted... Party hat

Message 4 of 4 (196 Views)