i tried moving a game and origin keeps crashing

by durrazzz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

i tried moving a game and origin keeps crashing

★ Novice

i was trying to move star wars battlefront 2 because i was running out of space in that drive so i tried to move the game instead of downloading it again but the thing that keeps happening is that i open origin wait about 15 seconds and it tries to move the game but crashes as soon as its starts and the crash report thing pops up and the other thing is i have reinstalled origin many times deleted everything with origin to do and reinstalled it and it never fixes. 

Message 1 of 2 (152 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: i tried moving a game and origin keeps crashing

★ Pro
@durrazzz
It's because of the Registry most likely.

Just uninstall the game completely, and restart your system. Once this is done then reinstall the game to the different Drive.
It's important that you restart your system after the initial uninstall.

I recommend using something such as REVO Uninstaller to remove the game from your system. This will remove everything from the system including the Registry items. It's Freeware, and it does a good job. Some people would recommend CC Cleaner, but it's down to personal preference as they can both do the job good enough.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (138 Views)

All Replies

Re: i tried moving a game and origin keeps crashing

★ Pro
@durrazzz
It's because of the Registry most likely.

Just uninstall the game completely, and restart your system. Once this is done then reinstall the game to the different Drive.
It's important that you restart your system after the initial uninstall.

I recommend using something such as REVO Uninstaller to remove the game from your system. This will remove everything from the system including the Registry items. It's Freeware, and it does a good job. Some people would recommend CC Cleaner, but it's down to personal preference as they can both do the job good enough.
Message 2 of 2 (139 Views)