d3d vice

by fiestacana1

Original Post

d3d vice

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I just have install CITIES XL 2012 , and when I run , it fall down with a problem : FAILED D3D DEVICE. 

Can somebody helps me?

thanks

Message 1 of 5 (490 Views)

Re: d3d vice

Community Manager

@fiestacana1 

Check if your PC meets the following requirements: 

Operating system : Microsoft , Vista SP1 or 7
• Processor : Intel/AMD 2,5 GHz or higher
• Memory : 1 GB RAM (XP), 2 GB RAM (Vista/7)
• Hard disk space : 9 GB
• Video : ATI Radeon HD 3850/INTEL HD/NVIDIA Geforce 8800 or higher, 512 MB RAM, DirectX 9.0c
• Sound : Compatible DirectX 9.0
• DirectX® : DirectX 9.0c
• Controller/gamepad support? No
• Any special multiplayer requirements? No

Game uses Steam DRM technology.

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 5 (484 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for your answer. I have chek the requierements, and my computer has bertter of that requirements. It used to work a time ago, and now when I try to play again, I have this problem.

Message 3 of 5 (458 Views)

★★ Novice

Operating system : windows 10  home
• Processor :

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz, 2901 Mhz, 2 procesadores principales, 4 procesadores lógicos

• Memory : 
• Hard disk space :12  GB
• Video :

AMD Radeon(TM) R7 M440 

• Sound : Compatible DirectX 9.0
• DirectX® : DirectX 11
• Controller/gamepad support? No
• Any special multiplayer requirements? No

Message 4 of 5 (456 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@fiestacana1 Do you have the latest recommended AMD Radeon driver installed? https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-r7-series/amd-radeon-r7-400-series/amd-radeon-r7-...

You might also want to check Intel: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/97503/Graphics-for-7th-Generation-Intel-Processors.

You could try running the game in Windows 7 compatibility mode if updating your drivers doesn't help.

If updating your drivers or Window 7 compatibility mode doesn't resolve this, you could try switching the game from your integrated GPU to your dedicated GPU, or vice versa (depending on what the current setting is). I looked at some game benchmarks of Intel HD Graphics 620 and AMD Radeon R7 M440 on NotebookCheck.net, and they seem fairly comparable (some games performed better with Intel HD Graphics 620, some games performed better with AMD Radeon R7 M440).

Message 5 of 5 (346 Views)