Xbox account linked to OLD EA account

by Jentrevellan

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Xbox account linked to OLD EA account

★ Novice

I saw this thread hoping to get some answers but it's been locked...

https://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-General-Questions/Xbox-account-linked-to-an-old-EA-account-with-email-I...

Does anyone know if there is now a fix? Because I'm getting incredibly frustrated. My VERY OLD EA account from when I was a teenager playing the Sims (I'm now in my 30's), is linked to my Xbox gamertag. I can't 'unlink' because I need to verify my email address (this account was created before that was a thing) and that email address is a Hotmail account which was closed down by Microsoft in 2020! 

The account also has an incorrect DOB field which I did not input, which makes me think it was automatically filled in when these EA accounts became what they are today. Now this concerns me a bit because surely this is negligence of data which is a GDPR breach? 

Any and all advise welcome..at this rate I'm probably better off either asking Microsoft to remove the link (if they can??) Or creating a new Xbox account (which means losing all my stored achievements from when I was a kid).

Help?!!!

Message 1 of 5 (388 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Xbox account linked to OLD EA account

Community Manager

Hey @Jentrevellan  for issues such as this you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a phone or chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or call

If you are unable to verify account ownership then our team will not be able to assist.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (376 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @Jentrevellan  for issues such as this you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a phone or chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or call

If you are unable to verify account ownership then our team will not be able to assist.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 5 (377 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks, but I've already tried chat today and it got me nowhere. Chat asked for my billing address, purchase history and last 4 digits of my credit card number. This is flawed because this account is so old that none of that information is on there. 

I CAN still login to the EA account but I can't change my email because of verification. All I want to do is change the email and then I can unlink it myself. Surely that can be done?

Message 3 of 5 (373 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Jentrevellan if you are unable to verify account ownership then there is nothing that we can do to assist you.

All I can recommend is to gather as much additional info as possible.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 5 (363 Views)

★★ Novice

Any idea how to contact EA to talk to someone to get an EA account unlinked? The Help page keeps having you go in circles. EA has the worst customer service I've ever seen. 

Message 5 of 5 (80 Views)