Unnecessary Origin Compatibility Prompt

by SnipedUrFace

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unnecessary Origin Compatibility Prompt

★★★ Novice

I was cleaning my computer the other day and removed some Dragon Age Origins toolset files for modding.  The next day for some reason whenever I launch Origin it warns me that the client is running in compatibility mode and if I run into issues I should disable it.  At first it didn't bother me because it literally causes almost no issue performance wise.  It is however extremely annoying because the prompt will pop up without fail if I launch Origin and in the case of Battlefield 4 confuses Battlelog's sign-in making getting into the game a hassle.  I'm actually more concerned that something may be wrong with my computer and/or there is some kind of vulnerability since it revolves around the aspect of Origin that deals with signing in.

I have a feeling removing those Dragon Age files shouldn't be it but if you were wondering it was labeled DAODB folder under MSSQL. Unless Origin has something to do with the SQL Server Database thing inside.  Even when I uninstalled the whole toolset this thing is stuck in my HDD because my system refuses to delete what the uninstaller left behind.  It seems strange because this was a game mod manager but for some reason a client program is messed up.

As for Origin itself the .exe has admin rights and is not in compatibility mode at all.  I tried tinkering setting it to XP and 7.  XP because the troubleshooter said so and 7 because it's my actual OS.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Origin client.  Again in game and within the client itself everything works fine but this prompt is annoying so it is telling me to undo something that hasn't even been done.

Message 1 of 6 (692 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unnecessary Origin Compatibility Prompt

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

My UAC has been off for years now so no change.  I unchecked the admin rights and it's gone now. Thanks!

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (628 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice

My mom's origin client is having the exact same problem since yesterday, only that she only plays the sims 4, she does not have any other EA game on her account. (I'm posting on her behalf because she does not know english).

Funny thing is, in my computer, the origin client behaves correctly, and I have the 3 dragon age games, with lots of mods (well, not in the case of inquisition though). But I cannot find a solution for the error message of compatibility mode that jumps right off when she starts origin. After she press accept she can enter fine and play just fine too. And I don't see any update on origin for her (or me in that case).

I wonder what's going on.

Message 2 of 6 (671 Views)

Community Manager

@SnipedUrFace @metalfenix_Raf Hi,

There is no need to worry about this warning, it is something that had been implemented recently on our end, primarily to make users aware that were using this as a workaround in the past without disabling it again at a later stage (after the Origin Client had been updated and the initial issues were resolved).

Now as for why you do see this message anyway, can you try turning off Administrator rights in properties for the Origin.exe and start it once more? Do you still see the warning now?

As long as UAC (User Account Control) is set to enabled and notify the behavior should be the same for you in the end.

Cheers,

Nils 

Message 3 of 6 (644 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Yup, I did that yesterday. When I checked Origin's .exe I noticed it had "run as an administrator" checked, so I unchecked it, and voila, no more prompts.
Message 4 of 6 (631 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

My UAC has been off for years now so no change.  I unchecked the admin rights and it's gone now. Thanks!

Message 5 of 6 (629 Views)

Community Manager
Roger that, thanks for the confirmations you two.
Message 6 of 6 (584 Views)