Unable to contact customer support

by Arderet5

Original Post

Unable to contact customer support

★★★ Newbie

Hello, I made an account here because I'm unable to contact the customer support from the EA Help website. Is there any way I can contact a human operator that is not through the EA Help website?

I'll start off by saying that my EA account has an active ban on it occured almost two years ago at this point, and that's why the ONLY way I have to contact customer support through the website is by choosing the "Ban or Suspension" option when opening a case. However whenever I do it, the case get immediately declined and the category gets changed from "Origin" to "Apex Legends" and I recieve a message saying "We received your latest message regarding the action taken on your account. We have performed all investigations possible on this issue and will not reverse the decision".

I am NOT contacting the support because I want to appeal the ban, have it removed or even reviewed for all that matters (if I wanted to try and have it removed I would have contacted it way sooner, not after all this time) . I'm trying to contact the support because I have a serious privacy concern about the account. The linked email has been breached and someone else have access to it. I can't change it myself because of the ban or I would have put in a new one already, this is a HUGE privacy risk since if whoever got access to my email also gets access to my account, they would be able to see my FULL NAME, ADDRESS AND DATE OF BIRTH, making it a personal safety concern too. It's also impossible for me to remove linked third parties accounts I have on it, which again leads to doxxing of my personal informations since you can see them from the client, but again it's virtually impossible for me to protect myself in any way. I also tried to delete the phone number saved but unfortunately the site freezes everytime after I input the safety code I receive. So I'm asking again, is there any way I can contact a human operator that is not through the EA Help website? Like a live chat I can access or the direct email to customer support? Thank you kindly for your answers.

Message 1 of 5 (394 Views)

Re: Unable to contact customer support

Community Manager

Hey @Arderet5,

While we do have live chat support for certain issues, the way to access that would be the same - you'll need to create a case through the EA Help website to see the available options.

To clarify, are you only seeing a Ban or Suspension option, or are you just not receiving the ability to open a case if selecting another option?

Have you tried (are you seeing) the options for The EA app  | PC  | Manage my account  | Manage account details

Mako.png
Message 2 of 5 (385 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello, I see all the options but I'm only able to select the "Ban and Suspension" one. I also don't see any live chat option but only an email one. I just noticed I also can't change the platform which for some reason default to Mac, but I'm from a Windows 10 Desktop.

This is all from the "Contact us" section and not from the "Dispute" section I can access from the suspensions category, I didn't check that one yet but I don't think it would be of any help since I'm not even trying to dispute the ban in the first place, it's been so long that I even doubt that the "Dispute" contact option is even there anymore.

EDIT: Sorry I forgot to add it in my original reply but I'm unfortunately not seeing any The EA app  | PC  | Manage my account  | Manage account details as an option. This is all from browser (I tried both Chrome and Firefox).

I'll try to attach some screenshots to help you have a better understanding of the situation!

Message 3 of 5 (374 Views)

Community Manager
Thanks for the screenshots @Arderet5!

Are you given a different option if you follow the link in the bottom of that first screenshot regarding a possible hacked account, or does that take you back through the same loop?

Another thing to try might be opening a new tab/window in incognito mode and creating a case while not logged in. That will prompt you to log in, but should generally give the option to continue without logging in and simply let our support team know which account the issue is concerning.
Mako.png
Message 4 of 5 (355 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The link besides the hacked option seems to work but I'm not sure if it will be treated as an hacked account or not, I can try both that and the other method you suggested if it's not a problem. Thank you very much for answering Standard smile

Message 5 of 5 (349 Views)