Sims 4 won't download properly

by CalCJack

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 won't download properly

★★★ Newbie

So I got the sims about 2 days ago and when I started the download it went to 3% and then I sat the computer down and plugged it in and left it on all night and when I wake up it is still on 3% and I check the speed it is at 0 bytes per second. I close origin and repeated the process: Open, start download, and close Origin. After a while I ended at 40% and I don't get on until today I was inactive for about a day and when I get on i see it is as 24% I've tried everything shutting down, restarting, trying to download it on my desktop mac (I was on my laptop downloading) when I downloaded PvZ Garden Warfare on my VMware it downloaded in about an hour and it was a few GB bigger than the Sims 4. Is this just a server overload or does it have something to do with the fact it is on mac? Is it related to my network connection? I really want to play the Sims 4 Standard smile

Message 1 of 5 (307 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 won't download properly

★★★ Newbie

I guess too many people may have over loaded it, it downloaded completely on a weekend.

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (276 Views)

All Replies

EA Staff

Could you please check if enabling Safe Mode downloading helps (Application Settings - Advanced)?

Message 2 of 5 (300 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ok I will try :D

Message 3 of 5 (296 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Even if it worked it will now take 40 hours

Message 4 of 5 (292 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I guess too many people may have over loaded it, it downloaded completely on a weekend.

Message 5 of 5 (277 Views)