PLEASE HELP ME

by killmenowplsty

Original Post

Accepted Solution

PLEASE HELP ME

★★★ Newbie

To make a very long and tedious story short:

I got a new laptop, went to log in, can't remember my password. Try to recover password, no longer can log into the email account I used. Contact EA help multiple times now (I'm on my 6th recovery form!) with no luck. I've tried getting back into the email account but that's not happening.

I really do not know what else they want from me. In the recovery form I included every game I own, when the account was made, the username, the email, old passwords, the email of the paypal linked to the account, my IP address and even screenshots of every single purchase made on that account through paypal and my government ID to prove I own the paypal and bank account.

Still I get an email saying it's not enough and just immediately closing the case. Yes, I've tried live chat. I've been told that no there's nothing else to do but fill in more forms even though I don't have any new information and no, I can't speak to anyone higher up because 'we simply don't have that option'.

I am literally so frustrated I burst into tears on the phone trying to fix this today. I know it seems over the top but I have quite bad mental health issues and building things on the sims is the only thing that seems to calm me for long enough that I can ride out my down periods. I've spent so much money on that account, I have almost all the expansion packs and all the dragon age and far cry games too.

When I call the UK number I'm sourced to a call centre where they have a script that always ends in 'I'll get someone to call you' which NEVER happens. It's the same nonsense of filling out a form again. I'm sure no one actually looks at the documents I attach to these forms because they'd see my bank statements with all the money I've spent on these games.

I have no idea where to go next. I feel like EA could care less me or my account and quite frankly would prefer me to make a new one and spend all that money again.

Any ideas, please let me know. This is so incredibly stressful.

Message 1 of 6 (669 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: PLEASE HELP ME

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @killmenowplsty

That sounds like you've had a frustrating time with this! I am sorry about that. Account security is very important to us and the criteria for passing the account recovery bar is designed to prevent thieves from snatching up other peoples accounts through socially engineered information. We need certain information to confidentially locate and verify account ownership when you can't recover your email address on your end. 

Some of the information you've mentioned you've provided in the webform wouldn't be sufficient for tracking or verifying account ownership. For example: 

• Old passwords: We don't keep a log of passwords. The only person who ever knows the password on the account is the person who sets it. Not even we see that. 
  • Listing game names: Naming games on the account for the purposes of locating and verifying it isn't something we can accept. This information is too easily provided by non-account owners
  • Email or other forms of verification for connected accounts: Connected accounts aren't owned by us. We don't have the tool access for them to give us the necessary visibility we'd need to accept them as a means to verify your ownership of an EA account. 

I'm afraid I can't go into what information would be or what the criteria is, as sharing that information opens it up for unscrupulous individuals to use it to game the system. The webform itself however gives a really good indicator of what kind helpful information is great to share if you have it available. Click the spoiler tag to expand and view:

Spoiler
webform.PNG

Aside from reviewing the suggestions in the webform and providing those types of information, there isn't anything else that can be done. The team will need the right information to be sent through, in order to help you recover your account. 

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (601 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @killmenowplsty

That sounds like you've had a frustrating time with this! I am sorry about that. Account security is very important to us and the criteria for passing the account recovery bar is designed to prevent thieves from snatching up other peoples accounts through socially engineered information. We need certain information to confidentially locate and verify account ownership when you can't recover your email address on your end. 

Some of the information you've mentioned you've provided in the webform wouldn't be sufficient for tracking or verifying account ownership. For example: 

• Old passwords: We don't keep a log of passwords. The only person who ever knows the password on the account is the person who sets it. Not even we see that. 
  • Listing game names: Naming games on the account for the purposes of locating and verifying it isn't something we can accept. This information is too easily provided by non-account owners
  • Email or other forms of verification for connected accounts: Connected accounts aren't owned by us. We don't have the tool access for them to give us the necessary visibility we'd need to accept them as a means to verify your ownership of an EA account. 

I'm afraid I can't go into what information would be or what the criteria is, as sharing that information opens it up for unscrupulous individuals to use it to game the system. The webform itself however gives a really good indicator of what kind helpful information is great to share if you have it available. Click the spoiler tag to expand and view:

Spoiler
webform.PNG

Aside from reviewing the suggestions in the webform and providing those types of information, there isn't anything else that can be done. The team will need the right information to be sent through, in order to help you recover your account. 

- EA_Lanna

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 2 of 6 (602 Views)

Account recovery

★★★★ Novice

I want to just state first that the account recovery system is absolutely awful, I deleted an old email and currently have no access to it. Need to change the password to change the email but can't due to not having access to said email. Ea account recovery is asking me for info that is 5 to 10 years old and I don't know the info to due to it being that old. I gave enough other info to have my account back. I spent 700+ dollars in Apex Legends and want everything including my account back. Which EA refuses to give me. So any help on this would honestly be appreciated

Message 3 of 6 (503 Views)

Re: Account recovery

Community Manager

Hi @SoulTirtyTree,

I've gone ahead and merged this in with an existing thread. I'm afraid we aren't equipped to support account recovery cases through the forums. Please scroll up to review my earlier message on this. Hopefully it helps to clarify things. 

- EA_Lanna

Message 4 of 6 (482 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Metoo

Message 5 of 6 (234 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Me Too

Message 6 of 6 (233 Views)