Origin will not load friends/chat list

by Dental_Plan_xXx

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin will not load friends/chat list

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

My Origin client will not load any friends/chat list. I tried restarting, logging out and waiting until the spinner finished but to no avail.

Please halp meh Frown

Message 1 of 13 (676 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin will not load friends/chat list

Community Manager

@gunniwhat You're right, my post is updated now. 

I have word that Origin issues (chat appears to be affected in some cases) are under investigation, hopefully this will be resolved shortly. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 10 of 13 (549 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Dental_Plan_xXx Do you have access to any other devices to test? This should help determine whether the issue is related to the system you're on or your account. 

If it's system-based please start by ensuring that the client isn't blocked by your security software or Windows permissions. 

Please let us know how you get on, thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 13 (661 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same here. Worked fine yesterday. Had an Origin update today and the friends list doesn't load. 

For the past years, I've been cringing every time I see an Origin update, because it more often than not messes up something... 

Message 3 of 13 (660 Views)

★★ Novice

I actually had the problem last night before I updated today. I just logged out last night and changed my password, then logged in and it worked.

I think I will change my password again and see if it helps lol

Message 4 of 13 (658 Views)

★ Novice

I got the same problem friendlist won´t load. Makes it impossible to play fifa against my friends.

Message 5 of 13 (623 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I check bc i have this problem to. Every thing is fine i can play but no friend list (doesn't work).
My friends have this same after update the friend list don't load.

Please resolve the problem as fast is possible EA.

Message 6 of 13 (619 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

welcome to the club!! yesterday all worked fine! now games works but no friendlist and no duells in fifa with friends possible Frown

MFG and hope for help Standard smile

Message 7 of 13 (603 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Thanks for the posts. Can I check if you guys have Origin set to automatically update to any available Betas? 

Click Origin > Application Settings > General and scroll down. 

Can I check what Origin version you're using? In the top left of the Origin client click Help then About. 

I was encountering this but it went away after a restart of the client, can you try this?

Thanks 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 8 of 13 (574 Views)

★★ Novice

Participation in beta is done through Application Settings -> General, not in Advanced. To answer your question, I am not participating in that.

My version is 

Version 9.9.1.62656 - 390336

Message 9 of 13 (559 Views)

Community Manager

@gunniwhat You're right, my post is updated now. 

I have word that Origin issues (chat appears to be affected in some cases) are under investigation, hopefully this will be resolved shortly. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 10 of 13 (550 Views)