Origin needs my Permission

by x_KCom_x

Original Post

Origin needs my Permission

★ Apprentice

When I try to download a game on origin, after about 40 seconds it says the origin needs my permission to download the games and to allow it when Windows prompts me. Only it doesn't. Nothing works. Ive tried in safe mode, same result. Ive tried reinstalling in every way possible, same result. Ive tried resetting windows, same result. Ive tried safe downloading, same result. I've tried every setting on the UAC, same result. I have tried every single solution EA's customer service threw at me, and none of them worked. Finally, the 12th "agent" I was talking to finally said:

"Welp, I wish I could help you sir."

They completely ran out of ideas for my problem. I have no idea what the hell the problem is, but right now it is not fixable. If anyone has found some sort of solution to this that I haven't tried please, please let me know. My whole library of EA games are unplayable now because I cant download any of them. Thank you.

Message 1 of 5 (450 Views)

Re: Origin needs my Permission

Community Manager

@x_KCom_x This can just be an issue with how your system is set up, can you ensure that your UAC is set to low.

To do so:

1. Close the Origin client. 
  2. Click the Windowsbutton and type "UAC" in the search field. 
  3. In the User Access Control window, click and hold the slide bar —slide it to the lowest setting available. 
  4. Click Okat the bottom of the window. 
  5. Open the Origin client and try installing again (click Installon the game you want). 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 5 (425 Views)

★ Apprentice

Like I said, I've tried every setting on the UAC. None of them worked. I just tried exactly what you said again just to make sure, and still I get the same result. Origin takes about 45 seconds to ask for my sign-in, then another 45 seconds to actually open. Then I click the download button, and it does nothing for about 30 seconds. Then, I get that dreaded error I've seen about 20 times now. "Origin needs to download files and is waiting for permission. Please choose "Yes" when Windows prompts you for permission." Also, setting my UAC to "never notify" doesn't seem like a good solution to this problem, but trust me I've tried it.

Message 3 of 5 (407 Views)

★★★ Guide

@x_KCom_x I have a few ideas you can try.

First do you use any Anti Virus programs? particularly AVG or Avast? (you may need to uninstall them if so)

Have you checked your Proxy settings to make sure its set to auto detect?

you can check by opening your Internet options in the control panel

going to connections tab, then select LAN settings. and check.  it should be set to auto detect.

Could also try running Ccleaner (registry cleaner) 
https://www.ccleaner.com/docs/ccleaner/using-ccleaner/registry-cleaning 

Message 4 of 5 (400 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thanks for the suggestions, however none of these produced an outcome even remotely different from the same outcome I've been getting for the past 20 plus times. For each of these suggestions I uninstalled origin and reinstalled it. Still the same exact result. No sort of probable fix has not changed the outcome even a little bit. It's the same exact thing every single time. I don't know what to do, and it's not like this * show of a company will give me a refund for all of my now unplayable games.

Message 5 of 5 (383 Views)