Origin account Issue

by QuePan

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin account Issue

★★★★★ Novice

Last night i discovered someone in Russia gained access to my account , now i promptly turned on logon verification ,changed the password to another unique password .i tried to notify EA about the breach to clean up a issue of Russian version of battle front on my order history , but the system is wonky , to say i got so far and it just didn't progress any further  then to say contact support between this time and that time , no numbers , no email etc . dead end .

this A.M. i look and see a pw reset request at 4 am?  now i already changed it , so a reset wasn't asked for is this a part of the automated system when you go thru the help page?

should my account be secure now?

using FF web in case that info is needed .

thanks in advance

Message 1 of 7 (298 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin account Issue

EA DICE Team

You're welcome @QuePan. Have a good weekend.. :-)

@MonTishKaThree

You can set the language of the website to Italian. You should now be able to setup a query with one of our Game Advisors. In case you also need it, here is the Italian number: 02 89877571--please note that Italian support most likely isn't available in the weekend. Try the UK or US version of the website for a chat function if you are eager to get back into the game. Calling us via a voIP service such as Skype is also acceptable.

And of course, I also wish you a good weekend.. Party hat

View in thread

Message 7 of 7 (244 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

Hi @QuePan,

It sounds like your account isn't secure yet--the hacker might still have access. To be absolutely sure, please check out our what to do when hacked article and have a Game Advisor look at your account.

Message 2 of 7 (285 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

ok how so? explain ive changed the pw ,  ive added a secondary email im using the code system for conntections so what else do i need to do ?? i dont need a reset if i changed the pw my self , i have a good security question  which is how i got control of the account via login verifiy codes  , so please what else ? seeing your system doesnt really work outside certain time frames when im home to help me

Message 3 of 7 (279 Views)

EA DICE Team

@QuePan

If someone obtained access to your account they might have changed some things or tried to buy stuff etc that you won't immediately notice. It would help to let a Game Advisor go through your step-by-step with you so you won't run into any issues in the future.

However if you are confident that your account is secure, you are good to go if you read our stay safe article. Just be sure to check the password for your email address etc.

Message 4 of 7 (266 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
ok thanks , if i can be avail when the system is active then ill give it a try . again thank you TOM i really do appreciate the assistance
Message 5 of 7 (259 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i had the same problem.
i noticed that my account was hacked cause of a mail that was asking me if a PW change request was authorized.
obviously not.
it was a little time i hadn't logged in on my origin account and when i did it i found my account name changed as like as the personal request wasi in russian language, that i am not able to understand.
i tryed many way to set back both, but for all change i have to answer the personal request.    "-_-

i followed the instructon tryng to open a ticket, but i'm italian and i cannot be called by phone from united states.

what can i do?

Message 6 of 7 (253 Views)

EA DICE Team

You're welcome @QuePan. Have a good weekend.. :-)

@MonTishKaThree

You can set the language of the website to Italian. You should now be able to setup a query with one of our Game Advisors. In case you also need it, here is the Italian number: 02 89877571--please note that Italian support most likely isn't available in the weekend. Try the UK or US version of the website for a chat function if you are eager to get back into the game. Calling us via a voIP service such as Skype is also acceptable.

And of course, I also wish you a good weekend.. Party hat

Message 7 of 7 (245 Views)