My sims 3 game won't reinstall.

by kyra579

Original Post

My sims 3 game won't reinstall.

★★ Novice

I had bought the game a while ago and played it until late last year. I wen't to play the game again, and it would not let me reinstall. I tried running the game as an administrator and then installing it, and it still would not work. I then chose the "repair game" option and that wouldn't work as well. What do I do?

Message 1 of 5 (319 Views)

Re: My sims 3 game won't reinstall.

EA Staff

@kyra579 What exactly is going wrong with the installation? Do you get any errors?

Message 2 of 5 (316 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Yes. I repaired the game and have the disc in my computer, and it says the game is ready to install in origin. When I click install, it would load for a little and then say, "This product requires an installed copy of The Sims 3. Please install the Sims 3 before installing this product." I then thought I had to install the disc, so I re-entered the disc and I get the same message. I have no clue what to do and I really want to fix it :/

Message 3 of 5 (307 Views)

EA Staff

@kyra579 Is the disc you are using to install for the Sims 3 base game or is it for an expansion?

Message 4 of 5 (279 Views)

★★ Novice

Ah! It's an expansion disc, the Supernatural one. I don't seem to have the regular disc in the package, but does that matter since I have already downloaded and installed both the discs previously? 

Message 5 of 5 (276 Views)