Mass Effect Andromeda black screen on launch

by MisterSJR

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mass Effect Andromeda black screen on launch

★★ Novice

Mass Effect Andromeda black screen on launch even after updates, any idea what might cause that?  I can play in windowed mode after starting task manager but I don't want to play in windowed mode it's very distracting and devalues the game/any other game I might buy by EA Games or that ports through Origin.

Message 1 of 9 (13,012 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Mass Effect Andromeda black screen on launch

★★ Novice

Hi Yahel_1

There seems to have been updates since this worked : go in Origin / Application Settings /  Origin In-Game- scroll down , you see Enable Origin In-game - select OFF. is no longer true, you get a list of application settings which does not include Enable Origin In-game I set everything to off and I still stayed in Window mode, fortunately my son has had the same problem with another game and so the solution is as follows

Start the game, it starts with a black screen, CTRl Alt Delete for task manager, the game is in window mode, in game settings change to windowed mode, close the programme, restart and set to default settings (window borderless) and it will now work full screen and keep that setting when you restart

View in thread

Message 3 of 9 (19,862 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Hi @MisterSJR

Install the latest graphics card drivers.

Disable the origin in-game overlay- go in Origin / Application Settings /  Origin In-Game- scroll down , you see Enable Origin In-game - select OFF.

Go in Origin / My Game Library- right click on game icon ,select Repair.

Now check if your issue persist.

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours.I'm a gamer like you, trying to help you (i'm not an EA employee). 

Retired champion.
Message 2 of 9 (12,995 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi Yahel_1

There seems to have been updates since this worked : go in Origin / Application Settings /  Origin In-Game- scroll down , you see Enable Origin In-game - select OFF. is no longer true, you get a list of application settings which does not include Enable Origin In-game I set everything to off and I still stayed in Window mode, fortunately my son has had the same problem with another game and so the solution is as follows

Start the game, it starts with a black screen, CTRl Alt Delete for task manager, the game is in window mode, in game settings change to windowed mode, close the programme, restart and set to default settings (window borderless) and it will now work full screen and keep that setting when you restart

Message 3 of 9 (19,863 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Thank you @MisterSJR for your solution.It will certainly be helpful for others.Standard smile

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours.I'm a gamer like you, trying to help you (i'm not an EA employee).

Retired champion.
Message 4 of 9 (12,947 Views)

EA DICE Team

@yahel_1 @MisterSJR

Your kindness melts my heart.. Heart

Thank you both for figuring this out together Standard smile

Message 5 of 9 (12,936 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

We're welcomeStandard smile @Straatford87

Retired champion.
Message 6 of 9 (12,934 Views)

★★★ Novice

Still not working in full screen mode.

Good thing that I have this 10h trial version, so I have not wasted money to this crappy game :D

Message 7 of 9 (12,475 Views)

★ Novice

Turn off teamviewer before launch

Message 8 of 9 (11,881 Views)

★★★ Novice

Best solution: Trial version uninstalled. Not worth of buying.

Message 9 of 9 (11,554 Views)