Login verification doesn't work

by FeralSkelly

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Login verification doesn't work

★★★★★ Newbie

Dear EA community,

I've been struggling for a while with an issue that seems to have existed for over seven years now and I'm at my wits' end. Recently, I wanted to change my EA username but was prompted to enter a verification code. I requested that the code be sent by email, but to my dismay, I didn't receive anything in my inbox, spam, or any other folder. Mind you, my Microsoft email is the only thing I have set up with my account. I searched for answers on various discussion boards, but unfortunately, couldn't find anything helpful. It seems like many others have faced the same issue over the years, and the copy-and-paste responses from EA representatives haven't been of much help either.

After furiously searching through my settings, I realized that I don't even have login verification turned on. I tried turning it on in hopes that it would solve the issue, but to no avail. Once again blocked out by the login verification. It's frustrating to feel like I'm locked out of my own account due to everything being blocked by a login verification that does not work.

I'm hesitant to contact customer support because of past negative experiences with similar issues, but I truly hope someone from EA can help me resolve this once and for all. It's disheartening to see that this issue has persisted for so long, and I implore the EA team to work on a solution that actually works for their users.

Thank you for taking the time to read my message. I appreciate any support or guidance that can be provided.

Message 1 of 4 (469 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Login verification doesn't work

Community Manager

Hey @FeralSkelly,

Sorry to hear you've been having such a hard time just to update your username. 

Even if you haven't turned on login verification, certain larger changes to your account may still require verification to complete. That would be why you're seeing this pop up, as changing the username would be a big enough change to warrant that verification check. Unfortunately it sounds like that's locking you out as well in this case.

While you haven't been getting the emails even in your spam folder, have you tried setting up a specific email rule to allow incoming emails from the @ea.com domain, such as noreply@ea.com? That may help out in hopefully getting those to show up next time you're prompted for the verification.

Usually the next thing to try from there would be using a different email address to see if it shows up there instead, though that will of course require that verification first to update the email. In this case that would mean reaching out to support so they can perform that verification with you directly and then update any account settings or information as needed to try and get this fixed up.

I'm afraid we aren't able to make any changes on the forums as we can't discuss your account details in public here, though you can find more information on how to reach support over at the EA Help website
Mako.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (451 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @FeralSkelly,

Sorry to hear you've been having such a hard time just to update your username. 

Even if you haven't turned on login verification, certain larger changes to your account may still require verification to complete. That would be why you're seeing this pop up, as changing the username would be a big enough change to warrant that verification check. Unfortunately it sounds like that's locking you out as well in this case.

While you haven't been getting the emails even in your spam folder, have you tried setting up a specific email rule to allow incoming emails from the @ea.com domain, such as noreply@ea.com? That may help out in hopefully getting those to show up next time you're prompted for the verification.

Usually the next thing to try from there would be using a different email address to see if it shows up there instead, though that will of course require that verification first to update the email. In this case that would mean reaching out to support so they can perform that verification with you directly and then update any account settings or information as needed to try and get this fixed up.

I'm afraid we aren't able to make any changes on the forums as we can't discuss your account details in public here, though you can find more information on how to reach support over at the EA Help website
Mako.png
Message 2 of 4 (452 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Hi @EA_Mako,

Thank you so much for your reply and helpful suggestions. I haven't tried setting up a specific email rule for the @ea.com domain, but I will definitely give that a shot to see if it helps me receive the verification email. If that doesn't work, I'll reach out to support as you suggested and see if they can help me directly.

I appreciate your help and understanding, and I will make sure to visit the EA Help website to get in touch with support.

Thanks again!
Message 3 of 4 (430 Views)

Community Manager
Happy to help out @FeralSkelly, best of luck!
Mako.png
Message 4 of 4 (418 Views)