I need to change my EA email adress because it was hacked

by Lunmxx

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I need to change my EA email adress because it was hacked

★ Novice

My EA account email was hacked and stolen and I lost acess to it. I am trying to change the email on EA website but it needs one time password that it sends to the hacked email. I tried adding a secondary email and it requires a password from the hacked email too. Need some help

Message 1 of 3 (148 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I need to change my EA email adress because it was hacked

Community Manager

@Lunmxx 

We've prepared some help guides that will outline what to do if you feel your EA account has been compromised. These steps will explain how to recover the EA account and update your security settings. I'll pop the links below, please read through them and follow as many of the steps as you can:

Please also make sure to take advantage of the security settings available for any of the connected accounts linked up to the EA account as well to ensure they are also secure. Examples of connected accounts include the email address registered, accounts such as your SteamEpic GamesAmazon and Twitch, and console accounts (PlayStationXboxNintendo Switch, etc). 

If you have an EA mobile game linked to your EA account, make sure to update the login details and security settings on the accounts linked to it such as on Facebook, Google Play, or your Apple ID:

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (80 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice

Can anybody help me? I tried contact with EA help but with no sucess. I need help with this

Message 2 of 3 (104 Views)

Community Manager

@Lunmxx 

We've prepared some help guides that will outline what to do if you feel your EA account has been compromised. These steps will explain how to recover the EA account and update your security settings. I'll pop the links below, please read through them and follow as many of the steps as you can:

Please also make sure to take advantage of the security settings available for any of the connected accounts linked up to the EA account as well to ensure they are also secure. Examples of connected accounts include the email address registered, accounts such as your SteamEpic GamesAmazon and Twitch, and console accounts (PlayStationXboxNintendo Switch, etc). 

If you have an EA mobile game linked to your EA account, make sure to update the login details and security settings on the accounts linked to it such as on Facebook, Google Play, or your Apple ID:

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 3 of 3 (81 Views)