Huge update downloads cause lots of waiting time

by defabc7

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Huge update downloads cause lots of waiting time

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

It is ridiculous that every time I start my games in Origin, I have to wait for several hours for update downloads to complete. Most of the updates have a volume of more than one Gigabyte, it takes huge amounts of waiting time until I can start playing. That's not the idea behind buying a game, not to be able to play when I want but only to be able to play when Origin has no update in stock by chance!

I'd prefer to download my updates or start my games - which I have bought -, when I want and not when EA wants me to!!! I mean, it's not necessary at all. It's only games, not security relevant patches for the OS! That's a very big disadvantage of the Origin client.

Message 1 of 2 (168 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Huge update downloads cause lots of waiting time

Community Manager

@defabc7 Hi,

Within the Origin Client, go to Application Settings > "General" tab and scroll down to "Updates". In there, update your settings, you will likely want to uncheck:

- Automatically keep my games up to date

- Automatically keep Origin up to date

And then you will want to check:

- Ignore non-mandatory game updates

This should help in giving you more control at what time you will want to update your Origin Client and your games.

Cheers,

Nils

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (144 Views)

All Replies

Re: Huge update downloads cause lots of waiting time

Community Manager

@defabc7 Hi,

Within the Origin Client, go to Application Settings > "General" tab and scroll down to "Updates". In there, update your settings, you will likely want to uncheck:

- Automatically keep my games up to date

- Automatically keep Origin up to date

And then you will want to check:

- Ignore non-mandatory game updates

This should help in giving you more control at what time you will want to update your Origin Client and your games.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 2 of 2 (145 Views)