Help in-game origin will not let me purchase DLC in Titanfall 2 store.

by mlipinski90

Original Post

Help in-game origin will not let me purchase DLC in Titanfall 2 store.

★★ Novice

I am having an issue where once I select an individual piece of DLC such a camo pack I cannot scroll down to fill credit card information. 

Message 1 of 8 (561 Views)

Re: Help in-game origin will not let me purchase DLC in Titanfall 2 store.

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Sounds interesting. Does scrolling work on Origin for you at all, or does it only not work in this specific circumstance ? What OS are you on ?

Without knowing more I was thinking it could be a scaling issue of some sort. For example, on Windows 10 sometimes setting up the text size higher than 100% would cause issues with Origin's scaling. In case you're on W10 , you could check if your text size is something else than 100% by following this guide : https://www.windowscentral.com/how-make-text-apps-bigger-windows-10

Would be nice to have a screenshot and/or generally more information to understand the problem a bit better. I do assume it likely does have something to do with scaling though.

Message 2 of 8 (549 Views)

★★ Novice

It seems like a specific circumstance but I am not 100% sure.  I was allowed to fill in my information on the first screen, but then on the second it would even let me click any where or scroll down to confirm my payment. My OS is Windows 10 64 bit.  I feel like the text origin scaling is messed up know that you mention it, I thought nothing of it. Okay I will send a screenshot. Thanks. 

Message 3 of 8 (539 Views)

★★ Novice

Here is a screenshot of my problem. I cannot scroll down when this window pops up. 

Message 4 of 8 (538 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Yeah I feel like it isn't scaling properly, it should look something like this :

With any luck you might be able to navigate that window by using Arrows and the Tab key but that really isn't a preferable solution. I read that some people had an issue where the window was completely blank and they got it fixed by pressing Alt+Tab and the window was open there, I wonder would the same apply here ?

But yeah, definitely an issue with scaling. Have you tried checking the text size on Windows if it's over 100% ?

EDIT: This is a complete guess but I wonder if Origin's own zoom level would affect that window's zoom level as well. Try going to your Origin, go to View and there goto Zoom. For me it is at system default but if you try reducing this zoom level, would it also affect this specific window's zoom level ? Again, this is a complete guess so.. Try also if you can hold CTRL and press + or - when on that window, would that input zoom in or out that window as well ?

Message 5 of 8 (493 Views)

★★ Novice

Oh Wow that window looks way different than mine, so it seems like its definitely a scaling issue. I will try the alt+tab trick and crtl+/ crtl- trick when I get back home from work. Thanks.

Message 6 of 8 (477 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Okay so alt-tab did something for a minute and now it doesn't work. For the minute when alt-tab worked it created a whole new window that is similar to yours but I still can't type anything in the information boxes.  I checked my text size and it is set at 250% Which is the recommended % for my laptop. ctrl+/ crtrl- didn't do anything.  Still can't put in my credit card info.

I might give up soon lol. EA sorry, I tried giving you my hard earned monies, but unfortunately origin is preventing me from doing so. 

Message 7 of 8 (452 Views)

Community Manager

@mlipinski90 Hi, it looks like this should be fixed now. If you're still having issues please try a reinstall of Origin. It should be a quick process and won't remove your existing games. 

https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/download

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 8 of 8 (375 Views)