Got a duplicate game-- What do I do?

by Jamminmonkey

Original Post

Got a duplicate game-- What do I do?

★★ Novice

So I got a digital copy of the Sims 4 for Christmas, but the only problem is is that I already own the game. My parents meant to get the Cats and Dogs expansion pack but it was sold out everywhere they went. The salesperson at Best Buy told my parents that the "Full Game" card (see below) could also get me expansion packs. Now, I don't think this is the case, and normally I would enter the code to see if it gave me credit or whatever, but I have the Sims 4 Deluxe, and I'm afraid that Origin would consider the game as a separate game. I can't return the game either-- Best Buy has a policy that I can't return it because the activation code was printed on the receipt (which is dumb). Anyways, now I'm at a loss as to what I should do. 

The card I received.

Should I sell the game? If yes-- then where? Or will it work as credit for Origin??? Is there any way to exchange it???? 

EA Support has been pretty terrible-- not responding through Twitter DMs nor tweets directed at them, or any live chats (had a window open for 4 DAYS waiting). Hopefully somebody has an answer!!!

Message 1 of 2 (253 Views)

Re: Got a duplicate game-- What do I do?

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@Jamminmonkey

Well, I can tell you that you should NOT use the code if you already have the game, it will not help you. It can not be used as credit or such. You might be able to get an EA refund if Best buy can not get you one and you have not used the code at all, it is not impossible. Or maybe they can change the code to a C&D-code for you, but I really think you have to contact EA support.

If  you contacted them 4 days ago, Christmas eve or Christmas day, the live chat was closed down so that might be why you got no response. Or if you contacted them first thing 26th they might have had issues as a lot of people were contacting them after Christmas.

I had an issue with the chat last week, waited for like an hour. Restarted the case on another browser and it worked right away.

I really think you should try again, and if it does not seem to work, close down the window and start again!

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/

Here are some tips on how to do it if it's complicated!
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/How-to-contact-an-Advisor-via-EA-Help/m-p/5650100

Good Luck!

Message 2 of 2 (240 Views)