Friend's Account May Have Been Hacked

by Nettles419

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Friend's Account May Have Been Hacked

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I'm asking this question for a friend because he can't access his account. Anyways, he has been having issues with his account. Every time he tries to log onto his Origin account to play The Sims 4, it tells him that his password is incorrect. He puts in his email for EA to resend his password to his email; he never received the email. I tried to reset my password to see if it would do the same thing, but within 30 seconds, I received the email. He reset his password countless times, and there was still no password email from EA. So, he decided to go onto the EA website himself and try to log in. It let him login, but the issue is that it is under a weird account name and email. Whoever has hacked this account, has made it to where he couldn't retrieve his password to get the account back. My friend then proceeded to talk to someone on the website, but no one ever showed up in the chat room. He waited there for hours and no one showed up. My question is, how does he get his account back when EA is of no help?

Message 1 of 11 (373 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Friend's Account May Have Been Hacked

Community Manager

@Nettles419 Hi there,

If your friend is still stuck, advise him to try either another browser or to clear his browser's cache.

Let us know how he gets on afterwards. If it doesn't work, they could also use a Voice-Over-IP service (such as Skype) instead. Just put your location in the Voice-Over-IP service to UK and use that to call our UK number: +44 203 0141818 (Available 9AM-9PM GMT, Monday through Saturday)

Cheers,

Nils

View in thread

Message 11 of 11 (315 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@Nettles419 We can't solve account issues here as this is a community forum. To resolve this issue your friend needs to contact EA support at http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/.

If he can't log in he can open a hacked account ticket here http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/?product=origin&category=manage-my-account&issue=hacked-account.

For more info see this page http://help.ea.com/en/article/i-think-somebody-hacked-my-origin-account-what-can-i-do-now/.

Message 2 of 11 (347 Views)

★★ Novice

@W4rH0rse, I have done all of the above, and there is still no solution to this problem. I've tried calling EA, but the automated machine has told me to check the forums. I've waited so many hours into the chat room...nothing.

Message 3 of 11 (330 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@Nettles419

What's your friend's account name? (please don't post personal information here such as an email address)

Message 4 of 11 (322 Views)

★★ Novice
LPGWP is his account name on Origin.
Message 5 of 11 (312 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Nettles419

I am unable to locate that name in our system, this means you're friend is mostly likely logging in on the wrong account, or in fact as you mentioned, hacked. Please have him open a hacked account ticket and our Advisors will help him get back on his account.

Message 6 of 11 (294 Views)

★★ Novice
It shows his account in the gallery on The Sims 4 though?

Every time I open the hacked account ticket, it never completes the request. I sit there for hours and it still says it's loading.
Message 7 of 11 (290 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Nettles419

He can open the hacked account ticket himself. We will need to verify that your friend is the owner of the account and you won't be able to do that for him. Note that in order to open a hacked account ticket, you won't need to login:

Hacked Account

Message 8 of 11 (286 Views)

★★ Novice

You're unable to find his username on Origin? It shows up on my gallery when I open the game though? That's a little strange. I don't know what could have happened to his account, but I really do believe it has been hacked.

Message 9 of 11 (270 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

My friend has tried to open a hacked account ticket, and this is what the page looks like for hours. It stays on this loading screen for such a long time.

Message 10 of 11 (266 Views)