EA Account Management

by The_Chisenator5

Original Post

Accepted Solution

EA Account Management

★★★ Newbie

Thank you for contacting us. Aakarsh will help you soon.
Aakarsh
Thank you for contacting EA HELP, my name is Aakarsh, may I start with your first name please?
you
Trey
Aakarsh
Hello Trey nice to meet you.
Aakarsh
Hope you are doing well today.
you
Not really. Rajat just ended the chat on me with no help
Aakarsh
I am sorry for the inconvenience that you had to face.
Aakarsh
Don't worry I'll provide you complete information and resolution regarding the case.
Aakarsh
I can see that you have created a case for Account management . Is that correct?
you
I have quite a simple issue. I created my EA account years ago on my old system with an old email address that has been deleted and is non recoverable.
you
I'm playing Madden and the pop up comes up. So I try to update my info and it is not letting me at all.
you
My old account was under [edit: email address removed] and my PSN is The_Chisenator
you
I created a new account now thinking I could just link my PSN but it will not allow me. My new account is under my current email [edit: email address removed]
Aakarsh
Alright, I would first need to verify both the emails that you've provided.
Aakarsh
I am going to send you six digit verification code on your registered email address , please share the code with me once you receive it.
you
That is the thing. The [edit: email address removed] I said was non recoverable.
you
That account was deleted back in 2011
Aakarsh
okay
Aakarsh
In this case I would advise you to contact the email domain provider regarding the access to the particular email [edit: email address removed]
Aakarsh
As we need to verify the account ownership first to make any account related changes.
you
So basically I have no way of creating an EA account under my current PSN?
you
That seems unreasonable for EA to make me do.
you
I have to attempt to have an email restored just to get my EA account changed?
Aakarsh
Your PSN ID already linked to an EA account and we do not have any options to unlink it.
you
Ok. I will deal without. EA is trippin
you
We can both agree that it is a little unreasonable to do that. When EA should be able to override the issue. Technology is too advanced.
Aakarsh
We would not ask you to contact the domain provider if we were able to verify the account ownership however, since that is not happening we have no option left but to ask you to contact the domain provider to get the access so that we can make the changes according to the way you want.
you
No thanks. Can you at least delete the new account I created?
you
[edit: email address removed]
you
Send me whatever I can verify this one. I want it permanently deleted.
Aakarsh
Sure I'll help you with that.
Aakarsh
I am going to send you six digit verification code on your registered email address , please share the code with me once you receive it.
Aakarsh
Are you there?
you
Yes
you
Waiting for your email
you
[edit: email address removed]
Aakarsh
Alright, let me check and send again.
Aakarsh
I have sent the code again, please check in spam folder.
you
you
Yes it was in spam
Aakarsh
Thanks for the requested information.
Aakarsh
Would you prefer deactivating your account rather than deleting it because in doing so you would access to your account whenever you want and you will not lose any account content. However, if you delete your account you will not be able to access it again and you would lose the account content as well.
you
I will delete it. It's pointless. I cannot connect my PSN so it is no good at all lol
you
That was the whole point. Connect my PSN get the rewards but this was a waste
Aakarsh
I am sorry but it's a part of the process that we need to verify the account ownership first.
Anyways, I am sending you a disclaimer now please read and accept it.
Aakarsh
Thank you for contacting us to delete your EA Account.

Per your request, we will delete your personal account information from our account and customer services databases. However, any data that EA needs to comply with legal obligations (like paying taxes and enforcing its terms), to ensure the security and integrity of its systems as well as ensure the rights and freedoms of others (including EA) will be retained.

Once the deletion is complete, you will lose access to entitlements, games, subscriptions and in-game purchases, associated with your account. As a condition of account deletion, we also require that you cease any further use of our products and services linked to the account you’ve asked us to delete.

You should also be aware of the following:

If your account is linked to Star Wars: The Old Republic and/or Pogo, deleting your account will permanently disable your access to those services.
You will be removed as a user from all EA Forums and you will no longer have access to your forum posts.
If you’ve posted on an EA Forum, your content will be deleted or anonymized.
If you’re playing an EA game on Facebook, you'll need to go to your Facebook Settings (Apps and Websites page) and remove any active EA apps from your list.
If you have an EA Access subscription, you’ll need to contact Microsoft to cancel it.
Account Deletion is permanent and cannot be reversed once started. Can you confirm that you would still like to proceed?
you
Yes and EA needs to change the process or fix it bc of problems like this where now a customer cannot even use the features. I just told two EA reps that I have no way to access my old email. I already tried to numerous times for stuff like this and it does not work. So what makes y'all think it will work now? It is fine in time EA will update their screwed up policy. IMDb eventually did.
you
YES CONFIRM DELETE please
Aakarsh
I would like you to post this as a feedback on the EA forum page so that our team reviews it.
Aakarsh
Thanks
you
Is their a link?
you
Or an email to an EA supervisor
Aakarsh
Trey, I am deleting your account and it'll be automatically deleted within 72 hours but you won't receive a follow up email for the same .
Aakarsh
You can even contact via the twitter handle.
you
Doing so now. This sucks
you
Thank you for trying Aakarsh
Aakarsh
I appreciate your understanding in this concern Trey.
Aakarsh
I am glad that I was able to help you in someway and this could not have been possible without your cooperation. I really appreciate that .
Aakarsh
You have been excellent throughout the chat session. Really appreciate. Thank you for contacting EA Help. Bye and please do take care.

Message 1 of 7 (1,780 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: EA Account Management

Community Manager

@The_Chisenator5 Hey, thanks for taking the time to post on AHQ and highlight your issue. I understand how frustrating it must be but at EA we take account security very seriously and unfortunately, if you are unable to verify ownership of an account then our live support agents will be unable to offer you any information relating to the account or take any action on it. This is done for the benefit of our players and unfortunately as can happen some players such as you end up in a bit of an awkward position where you are unable to prove ownership of an account and as such will be unable to update any information on said account. 

I would suggest speaking with the email provider you used to set up the EA account to see if there is anything that they can do. 

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (1,772 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@The_Chisenator5 Hey, thanks for taking the time to post on AHQ and highlight your issue. I understand how frustrating it must be but at EA we take account security very seriously and unfortunately, if you are unable to verify ownership of an account then our live support agents will be unable to offer you any information relating to the account or take any action on it. This is done for the benefit of our players and unfortunately as can happen some players such as you end up in a bit of an awkward position where you are unable to prove ownership of an account and as such will be unable to update any information on said account. 

I would suggest speaking with the email provider you used to set up the EA account to see if there is anything that they can do. 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 7 (1,773 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Not helpful at all. Bright minds can come up with a better solution. This is absolutely dumb. EA is going down the drain anyways. 

Message 3 of 7 (1,734 Views)

Community Manager

@The_Chisenator5 Unfortunately if you are unable to verify ownership of an account then there is nothing that we can do, we take account security very seriously and as such our live support will not provide you with any information until such time as you can prove you are the account owner. This is done for your own protection and to stop people attempting to gain access to an account which does not belong to them.

Darko.png
Message 4 of 7 (1,706 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You and EA are dumb robots. For my protection? Now I can't even use your services dummy! My PSN name is The_Chisenator and I am forever blocked out bc I don't have my old email and can never get it back. I contacted yahoo and the [edit: email address removed] email that I had registered is NON RECOVERABLE! Get that through your heads!! My protection. That's why EA is failing in there sports games. 2K is out! 

Message 5 of 7 (1,646 Views)

Community Manager

@The_Chisenator5 I understand your frustration but if you are unable to verify your ownership of an account then our live support advisers will be able to provide you with any information relating to the account. Have you filled in the online form and submitted it to see if our team can get you back into your account, if not please speak with live support and fill the form out.

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat

Darko.png
Message 6 of 7 (1,626 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I agree with you bc I can't login to my new account for madden 20 bc it says password for my old account that I made up 3 years ago 

Message 7 of 7 (1,423 Views)