Crash Code: ddc2

by Aleksmi777

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Crash Code: ddc2

★★★ Newbie

When I try to install OriginThinSetup nothing happen.

I found in \AppData\Local\Origin\ThinSetup the file named ThinSetup_Log.txt with error like this:

-- Event     Origin::Escalation::QueryOriginServiceStatusInternal  Origin Client Service not found in services database.

-- Error     `anonymous-namespace'::handleAccessError   Failed to escalate for fixing file permissions on

and this one:

-- kReadyToStart to ThinSetup UI controller state kDisplayStartingScreen

-- Crash Code: ddc2

OriginThinSetup doesn`t work on the my win10 with all actually updates.

Could you please to give any advise how to resolve this problem?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 4 (749 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Crash Code: ddc2

Community Manager

@Aleksmi777  Can you try the following steps, please.

1. Try re-installing Origin:
    1. Close the Origin client.
    2. Open the Control Panel (find it by searching “Control Panel” in the Start menu).
    3. Click on Uninstall a program under Programs.
    4. Click on Originand uninstall.
    5. Reinstall Origin, then try installing your game again.

Try running Origin as an administrator:

2. Right-click the Origin client icon on your desktop (or in the Origin directory if not on your desktop) and click Run As Administrator.

This runs the Origin client as an administrator account, and should let the game  install.

Try lowering the User Access Control settings:

2. Click the Windowsbutton and type "UAC" in the search field. 
  3. In the User Access Control window, click and hold the slide bar —slide it to the lowest setting available. 
  4. Click Okat the bottom of the window. 
  5. Open the Origin client and try installing again (click Installon the game you want). 
Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (724 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Aleksmi777  Can you try the following steps, please.

1. Try re-installing Origin:
    2. Open the Control Panel (find it by searching “Control Panel” in the Start menu).
    3. Click on Uninstall a program under Programs.
    4. Click on Originand uninstall.
    5. Reinstall Origin, then try installing your game again.

Try running Origin as an administrator:

2. Right-click the Origin client icon on your desktop (or in the Origin directory if not on your desktop) and click Run As Administrator.

This runs the Origin client as an administrator account, and should let the game  install.

Try lowering the User Access Control settings:

2. Click the Windowsbutton and type "UAC" in the search field. 
  3. In the User Access Control window, click and hold the slide bar —slide it to the lowest setting available. 
  4. Click Okat the bottom of the window. 
  5. Open the Origin client and try installing again (click Installon the game you want). 
Darko.png
Message 2 of 4 (725 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I had same error code as he had.

But the log messages are a little different.

Changing UAC/ removing unpacked files on AppData folder were not helping.

And because this is my first Origin installation, reinstalling Origin cannot be possible solution for me.

Thank you.

C:\Users\MYPC\AppData\Local\Origin\ThinSetup\10.5.25.7131\OriginThinSetupInternal.exe Version: 10.5.25.7131
  5      [2018-09-02 05:19:05.982]     Event     Origin::ThinSetup::ThinSetupApplication::SetAppLanguage                     9640      Using UI locale: ko_KR EULA locale: ko_KR
  6      [2018-09-02 05:19:06.102]     Event     Origin::ThinSetup::ThinSetupApplication::start                              9640      ThinSetup starting.
  7      [2018-09-02 05:19:06.103]     Event     Origin::ThinSetup::ThinSetupApplication::start                              9640      Origin path: 
  8      [2018-09-02 05:19:06.103]     Event     Origin::ThinSetup::ThinSetupApplication::start                              9640      Origin version: 
  9      [2018-09-02 05:19:06.104]     Event     Origin::ThinSetup::ThinSetupUIController::onStateChange                     252       Transitioning from ThinSetup UI controller state kReadyToStart to ThinSetup UI controller state kDisplayStartingScreen
  10     [2018-09-02 05:19:06.845]     Event     Origin::Services::Exception::ExceptionHandlerClient::Notify                 5876      Crash handler called
  11     [2018-09-02 05:19:06.845]     Event     Origin::Services::Exception::ExceptionHandlerClient::Notify                 5876      Crash Code: ddc2
  12     [2018-09-02 05:19:06.880]     Event     Origin::Services::Exception::ExceptionHandlerClient::Notify                 5876      Encoded report length: 129780 bytes
Message 3 of 4 (652 Views)

Community Manager

@BazziSniper Did you try the steps I posted above to see if they help?

Darko.png
Message 4 of 4 (644 Views)