Cant access my account and EA wont help

by Underwoodblid

Original Post

Cant access my account and EA wont help

★★★ Newbie

It seems I'm not the only person that has had this issue. My email has changed and no longer exists. One of those things that gets overlooked.

Now I try to log in and a verification code gets sent to my old email address that no longer exists. 

I've tried emailing and chatting with support but that has been pointless so far. 

They ask the same questions,

What's the IP of the network you play on?

Date of birth?

Billing address?

Phone number?

Last 4 digits of the card?

Names of games you bought with the month and year?

Sorry, you didn't pass security. Get the correct details and try again. What did I get wrong? Can't tell you that but get the right info and try again. 

My account was set up back in the early days, I can't find you a phone number from then let alone an old credit card number. I have never knowingly added a card or bought games through the account so what am I meant to do?

I can't unlink my gamertag as I can't access the account so what do I do?

Any reasonable company would offer a different way to verify. How about you send a message to my gamertag that is on the account and ask me to confirm it? No can't do that, far to sensible an idea. 

At EA we like to keep your information safe by not letting you access anything. 

Any ideas on how I can get access to my account?

Message 1 of 3 (221 Views)

Re: Cant access my account and EA wont help

Community Manager

@Underwoodblid 

Account security is important to us.

When helping with certain issues, like account changes, it’s important that we can verify that you own this account. We want to make sure we’re not compromising your account, so we can’t help out with your issue currently.

If you’re able to regain access to your email account later, you can resume this case on EA Help at help.ea.com/my-cases/ or click Contact Us on any help.ea.com page to start a new case.

barry.png
Message 2 of 3 (204 Views)

Re: Cant access my account and EA wont help

★★★ Newbie

I don't have the information and can't get it. That is the point. How do I magic up a card number from 15 plus years ago when I never added one to the account? Same with purchase information? There is no information if there were never any purchases. You can see the gamertag on the account. If you send a code and ask me to confirm it I can. What do you think multi-factor authentication does? It's exactly the same thing just through a different mechanism. 

Message 3 of 3 (196 Views)