Can't update my payment information

by FreaktheLPer

Original Post

Can't update my payment information

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I've been having a really frustrating problem lately, and have already been in touch with EA support which has been extremely unhelpful. I can't update my payment information since my last name contains "invalid letters". Because of this, it fails to validate my card every time I try to buy something on EA Play. No matter what I try, it doesn't work. I've been looking for some way around it, but I can't find anything and EA has so far been so unhelpful I'm starting to think they don't want my money.

I don't even need help really, I already know what the problem is. The question is if EA is interested in actually solving it. I highly doubt I'm the only one who's been running into this issue. So if any actual human (and not the bots I have a feeling I've interacted with previously) sees this post, please fix this. Why does your official website have issues you wouldn't encounter on the shadiest of pirate sites?

EDIT: I should point out, everything in the information I'm trying to update is correct. I've spelt my name right, it's the correct number etc. Should probably point that out and hopefully I won't get any more generic "Hello [name], upon reviewing your case , I gather that blah blah blah" responses.

Message 1 of 3 (203 Views)

Re: Can't update my payment information

Community Manager

Hey @FreaktheLPer,

Sorry to hear you've been having some trouble getting that information updated correctly.

To clarify, are you entering that information during the checkout process, or in your Payment Methods account page?

Were you running into this on the EA app, or via the website (or both)?

Do you happen to have any spaces at the start or end of the name field that could be removed?

I do see you mentioned already knowing what the problem is, but haven't mentioned the specifics. If that's not something you'd feel comfortable sharing on the forums due to the particular spelling of your name or such, please feel free to DM me directly with the relevant details so we can get that looked into, thanks.

Mako.png
Message 2 of 3 (188 Views)

Re: Can't update my payment information

★ Novice

At first, it was during the checkout process. Then, it was the account page. It was when I tried to update the payment methods page that I noticed how it automatically changed letters in my last name, specifically the letter "ö", to a bunch of gibberish.

I was running into it on both the EA app and the website.

No, no spaces.

Message 3 of 3 (114 Views)