Can't install origin!?

by Jflatalltheway1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't install origin!?

★★★ Newbie
I got a new computer and I'm trying to install origin but whenever I press run for the Originthinsetup.exe it pops up but is unresponsive, what do I do? Please help me, thank you!!!
Message 1 of 9 (12,937 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't install origin!?

★★★ Expert

First, make sure you operating system and graphics drivers are up to date. Origin 10 is a bit picky about those things being up to date. If you need help checking that please Post your DXDIAG report.

Once everything is up to date, locate the installer, it's called "OriginThinSetup.exe"

Right click on that file and choose Run As Administrator.

Let us know if that gets Origin installed for you.

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (15,828 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Expert

First, make sure you operating system and graphics drivers are up to date. Origin 10 is a bit picky about those things being up to date. If you need help checking that please Post your DXDIAG report.

Once everything is up to date, locate the installer, it's called "OriginThinSetup.exe"

Right click on that file and choose Run As Administrator.

Let us know if that gets Origin installed for you.

Message 2 of 9 (15,829 Views)

★ Novice

Hi I have the same problem. 
Can you help me check my DxDiag? 

Message 3 of 9 (12,879 Views)

★★★ Expert

Sure @emema0,

Your Windows 10 is quite a bit out of date, update that by clicking Start, then the settings cog on the left, then Updates and Security and letting windows install the updates. It will take a while and, you have to turn metered connection OFF if you have it on or Windows will not be able to update.

I see a lot of update failures so, if you have problems updating you will need to use Microsoft's Update Troubleshooter

Your graphics drivers are also over a year old, those definitely need updated as well. You can use the GeForce Experience application or, go to http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us to update those.

Get everything updated then see if you can install Origin.

Download Origin Here. If you need the installer again.

Message 4 of 9 (12,870 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you ! It worked after updating both windows and the graphic card! Standard smile

Message 5 of 9 (12,852 Views)

EA DICE Team

@emema0

That is great news Standard smile

Thanks again for helping, @DarkAmaranth1966!

Message 6 of 9 (12,827 Views)

★★ Novice

@DarkAmaranth1966  I'm having similar problems as well.  I can't install origin.  

Message 7 of 9 (12,792 Views)

★ Novice

Hi,

I'm having the same problem. I had a problem with Origin so I uninstalled it and then when I tried to reinstall it I just kept getting a blank white panel. I've just checked and Windows is up to date and a graphics update has only just come out now. I've included a DxDiag file

Message 8 of 9 (12,731 Views)

★ Novice

I am having the same problem and have attached my report. @DarkAmaranth1966

Message 9 of 9 (12,620 Views)