Anyway to get games already owned to Steam?

by DailyEvilKiller

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Anyway to get games already owned to Steam?

★★★ Newbie

Title. Since C&C: The Ultimate Edition has just been released, I want to try playing it on steam instead of the Origin app, but I don't want to try and repurchase it. Is there a way of doing it properly, or will I still need to use the "Add a Non-Steam Game to My Library" button?

Message 1 of 4 (244 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Anyway to get games already owned to Steam?

Community Manager

@DailyEvilKiller There isn't a proper way to do that because they are two separate platforms you purchase the game through. Unless you purchased it again, you would have to use the add a non-steam game option.

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (231 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@DailyEvilKiller There isn't a proper way to do that because they are two separate platforms you purchase the game through. Unless you purchased it again, you would have to use the add a non-steam game option.

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 4 (232 Views)

★ Novice

I think they just gas lighted you bro, Steam iand EA App is both PC platform lol

Message 3 of 4 (150 Views)

Community Manager

@Jehute Both being PC have nothing to do it with. They are two separate platforms, two separate stores with separate entitlements.

EA_ShepardAHQ

Message 4 of 4 (113 Views)