reconnecting origin to a installed game

by ricardothegreat

Original Post

Re: Reinstalled Windows, now Origin doesn't recognize my installed games

Community Manager

@Nezoic Hi,

Have you tried clicking on download for the respective game after you had updated the associated folder for the game within the Origin settings?

From the info I have it should be working fine that way.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 140 of 462 (81,939 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Why can't EA incorporate auto detect into Origin? If you change your Library location in Steam it auto detects everything and you don't have to jump through these stupid hoops just to add the games to the library.

Message 141 of 462 (81,909 Views)

Community Manager

@miahs_angel Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion, I will pass it on again when I next get the chance.

Let me know if you have any further ideas.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 142 of 462 (87,541 Views)

reconnecting origin to a installed game

★★ Novice

I have a programs Hard Disk and a Games Hard Disk

I t was necessary to reformat my Programs Hard Disk which had Origin installed on it.

I want to reconnect the already installed games on the games hard disk to Origin.

Origin wants me to download the games again to reinstall them.

If I install Origin on the Games Hard Disk the outcome is still the same.

Help Please

Message 143 of 462 (124,306 Views)

Re: reconnecting origin to a installed game

Community Manager

@ricardothegreat Hey, if you made a backup of your game reinstalling them should be quite easy. Check this article for more info: https://help.ea.com/za/article/backing-up-and-restoring-your-origin-games/

In this case what you'll want to do is install Origin and then change your Downloaded Games location to match your existing games hard drive location. Do this and restart Origin, and it should detect the games. It should do a verification sweep to scan the games and reinstall them, but it should be a much faster process than fully reinstalling everything. 

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 144 of 462 (158,045 Views)

Non-Origin game backup

★★ Novice
Hi, I've added a lot of games to my origin library, download a cover for each game, and it took me a while.

Does anyone know how to backup the shortcuts IN origin so that i dont have to do everything again after i formatted my pc?

Thanks
Message 145 of 462 (86,387 Views)

Re: Non-Origin game backup

★★★★★ Expert

Hi @inieuwoudt1

If you want to back up your Origin games instead of having to download them again, all you'll need to do is backup and then later restore your games.

More details to do this look here  https://help.ea.com/za/article/backing-up-and-restoring-your-origin-games/

Retired champion.
Message 146 of 462 (86,381 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi @AZ_-_H4X0R_-_ZA

If you want to back up your Origin games instead of having to download them again, all you'll need to do is backup and then later restore your games.

More details to do this look here  https://help.ea.com/za/article/backing-up-and-restoring-your-origin-games/

Hi Yahel, I do not want to backup my origin games, but rather the shortcuts in origin that i created for easy accessibility.

If i formatted my PC I want all the SHORTCUTS And COVER ART to still be there, I dont want to add anything.

Thanks

Message 147 of 462 (86,363 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I've Attached a image that shows its a non-origin shortcut. All of those shortcuts except BF3 is non-origin shortcuts. Can anyone tell me how to back them up please

To enlarge open: http://answers.ea.com/ea/attachments/ea/O-2/196312/1/Origin.png

Message 148 of 462 (86,360 Views)

Re: Moving My Origin Games To Another Hard Drive

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

2016-05.30 Update

I did this to move a game:

1. Make sure that the download directory in your Origin client reflects your desired location (Origin menu - Application Settings - Advanced).
  2. Move your game folder from your old location to your new location. (Remember to move [Ctrl+X] and not copy)
  3. Start the download for the game and Origin figure out that the game is there.

Notice: I never tried to Copy, so I do not know if that works as well. I did this on Windows 10.

Message 149 of 462 (138,103 Views)