cannot play dragon age origin says invalid licence,game purchased 2 days ago

by bracokom

Original Post

cannot play dragon age origin says invalid licence,game purchased 2 days ago

★★★ Newbie

i had played DAO 3 yrs ago, wanted to play it again, when opening game it says invalid licence, reason code=missing dll {Nx character dll} error codeOx7E, i then purchased new digital copy as i really wanted to play again all 3 dragon age games, new download giving me the same error message when trying to play, have win 10, processor i7, gtx960

Message 1 of 4 (580 Views)

Re: cannot play dragon age origin says invalid licence,game purchased 2 days ago

Community Manager

@bracokom Can you try running the game in Windows XP Service Pack 3 compatibility mode and see if that helps?

I take it you have one of the old pre-Origin versions of the game?

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 4 (568 Views)

Re: cannot play dragon age origin says invalid licence,game purchased 2 days ago

★★★ Newbie

How would you set that up because I just downloaded the ultimate addition of DA Origins for PC and am having the same problem.

Message 3 of 4 (497 Views)

Hero

@Storylover02 wrote:

How would you set that up because I just downloaded the ultimate addition of DA Origins for PC and am having the same problem.

You have to find the game's executable in the installation folder, right click it, go to properties, then the compatibility tab. You can then select an operating system from the dropdown.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15078/windows-make-older-programs-compatible

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 4 (488 Views)