Why can't I install the promotional dlc for DA: Origins on PC???

by DmitriStormblood

Original Post

Why can't I install the promotional dlc for DA: Origins on PC???

★★★★ Novice

For some reason I cannot install the promotional dlc that was made available for DA:Origins. I have the ultimate edition through EA Origin but for some reason it refuses to even change the unlock from xbox to pc on the BSN. I checked all my items available and the pc items are ready to download, I downloaded them all and unzipped them into the addins folder and still they won't appear...help??? How do I fix this to play with all my dlc???

Message 1 of 4 (578 Views)

Re: Why can't I install the promotional dlc for DA: Origins on PC???

★★★ Guide

Have you tried getting them via Origin rather than manually downloading and instaling them from BSN?

If you click Extra Content after selecting the game in Origin the first DLC listed should be the promo DLC which (hopefully) should have a "Get it now" button - click that and the content will be added to your account and the button will change to a "Download" button.

Message 2 of 4 (564 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Kenny32673 is correct.  If you downloaded the individual files from the BSN, you would still have to have "installed" them individually using one of the recognized mechanisms (not just "unzipped" them and placed the extracted files in the right folders.) 

But EA/Origin now has all the DLC available directly under the "Extras Content" section.  Go that route!  Wink

Message 3 of 4 (527 Views)

★★★ Novice

Great Advice except that when I do that it tells me that activation is required so i try to activate with the cd key and it tells me the key is already in use and fails the download

Message 4 of 4 (518 Views)