Re: Warden not porting to Awakening

by Some_Attitude

Original Post

Warden not porting to Awakening

★ Novice

So I just finished my play through of Dragon Age: Origins, and I was going to start Awakening. I performed the ritual with Morrigan, so my Warden was still alive at the end of the game, but for some reason when I try to boot up Awakening it takes me to a strange room with chests, and gives me a default Warden named Jaden (human, bald, male, no class or stats). I like my Dalish Warden just as he was, and I kind of want him to be my Awakening guy (or I would have opted for US ending since I failed to harden Alistair when needed to sacrifice ), but the game will not even let me choose a character creator?

This weird room has a dude I can talk too that's called 'Debug Dude' or something and offers to take me to specific sections of the game, but I have no way to fix this, I can't even make a new warden, I'm being forced with a bald male human which I don't care for. Is there any way to fix this? I am playing through the Origin client on PC if that helps! I included pictures of the room and the debug guy, too, please excuse the quality I had to take them on my phone since it won't let me screenshot either.

Message 1 of 8 (789 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
Mods?
Message 2 of 8 (769 Views)

★ Novice

I do not have any mods currently attached to my game, but I do have all the DLC, is there a mod I need in order to fix this? (I did previously have a few mods, but they were removed before I re-downloaded the game -as in I deleted my entire mods folder- to prevent running issues with the client, and said mods never impacted Awakening before either. As I did not reinstall the mod-running program when my computer changed as well, I don't know if this is the problem? If it is, without the mods existing to delete, should I redownload them all?)

Message 3 of 8 (764 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Seliphra;  No, no mod needed to play Awakening.  I just wanted to know if there were any installed that might be causing the issue.

How do you get to Awakening to start a new game?  The vanilla process would be to launch Dragon Age: Origins, (whichever version you have) then from the Main Menu select: "Other Campaigns ==> Awakening ==> Play ==> Import from Another Module".

Is that what you're doing?

[EDIT]  I presume you've already tried both the "Repair" and "Update Game" options from within your EA/Origin Library.

Message 4 of 8 (752 Views)

★ Novice

I am opening Other Campaigns => Awakening => Play, but it does not give me the option to import, it takes me straight to the strange room instead. I have already attempted Repair and Update, yes, there was no change when I did, and I am very confused by this. (Likewise if I opt New Game => Awakening  I end up in the same room as before)

Message 5 of 8 (738 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

All results in google point to mods. This is an odd issue indeed.

Could you perhaps upload your latest Dragon Age Origins save file so we can conduct evil experiments? I want to see what happens when I load it. If it has any mods I don't have, it should inform me of it. I could  then perhaps make a 'clean' save file.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 8 (721 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Yes, I agree with Fred.  I've started Awakening to play the default Orlesian Warden, (although I couldn't go more than a couple hours that way.)  But except for a mod-gone-wrong situation, I've never heard of being forced to do so, much less being stuck in room at the start.

Message 7 of 8 (706 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Found a possible cause:  "Ser Gilmore" mod for DAO is installed.

Remove that, and Awakening should start normally.

Message 8 of 8 (644 Views)