There is a problem with your game's setup. Please reinstall your game.

by kirkonacid

Original Post

Accepted Solution

There is a problem with your game's setup. Please reinstall your game.

★ Apprentice

To start off, I've searched this forum, BSN, and google for any answers, but have found none. Any help would be greatly appreciated. After all, there's a blight to stop!

What version of the game are you playing: physical disc or digital download (along with which vendor)?
      Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edtion from Origin

System Details: all drivers up to date
           * Intel i7-3610QM @ 2.30GHz
           * NVIDIA GTX 675M 
           * Realtek High Defintion Audio
           * Windows 8 Pro
           * DirectX 11

What is the nature of the problem you are seeing?

When trying to launch the game, either through Origin or a desktop shortcut, the launch screen pops up. I select play and immediadtely receive an error essage stating "There is a problem with your game's setup. Please reinstall your game." I did exactly that... three times. Curiously, the option for unistalling the game through the launcher is greyed out. When trying to uninstall the game through the add/remove program option in Windows, the game doesn't even show up in the list.

When did the problem start occurring?

I had a previous installion working fine on the same PC, same drivers, ect. Tried to reinstall and encountered this problem right away.

Where does your problem occur?

Like I said, when launching the game.

What are the steps in replicating the problem?

Simply trying to launch the game.

Have you modified your game in any way?

Previously, yes. This installation no. I also made sure to clean up any remaining mod and junk files leftover from uninstallation.

Message 1 of 21 (10,351 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: There is a problem with your game's setup. Please reinstall your game.

★★★ Novice

So I had this same problem and couldnt find an answer on the forums anywhere. Finally I went to the help center and got on a live chat with one of EAs help center dudes. We went through a few things and we got it to work properly!! Here is what we did to get the game to run right. 

1) download and install the 1.05 patch off the Bioware site.

2) Open the Origin client and click on game list

3) right click on the the dragon age ultimate edition game and click "Repair"

When I did this it downloaded a bunch of files and installed them and after that the game ran right with all the apropriate DLC and Awakening showing up like it should as well. I hope this helps at least some of you guys who are having problems.

View in thread

Message 15 of 21 (11,726 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

I know it's an article about BF3, but if I'm remembering correctly the issue is more likely with Origin so that might work here:

Why do I get this error "There is a problem with your game's setup, please reinstall your game"?

You can also try to disable the "Enable Origin In Game" box (Origin/Application settings/In Game tab) or to restart your computer in Safe Mode with Networking enabled. 

Let us know if Ferelden is still in danger or if you're finally in to kick some darkspawns backsides. 

Message 2 of 21 (10,245 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I seem to think this same thing came up before there was any Origin, but it isn't complaining about the game itself, but something else.  If I'm right, it would be in the archives at BSN, but right now, I'm not in the mood to dive into that. 

Message 3 of 21 (10,242 Views)

★ Apprentice

I gave in and rounded up my physical copy to install DA:O from there, so unfortunately I can't try those fixes right now. I do appreciate the help though! Perhaps after I've finished this playthrough I'll try an Origin download again. I can't bear the thought of reinstalling the game and all my mods again. As it stands the blight will be stopped in no time and that would be a most unwelcome interruption!

Message 4 of 21 (10,236 Views)

★ Novice

I am having this issue as well. I was able to play the game just fine, I recently upgraded my graphics card, and now i get this same error message. I have removed and reinstalled twice. The second time I went through and deleted all registry entries. They game actually works before updating to the 1.05 patch. HELP!

Message 5 of 21 (8,108 Views)

★★ Novice

i have this problem too

What do I do?

Message 6 of 21 (8,102 Views)

★★ Novice

this is not a fix I dont want to have to restart my computer in safe mode to play the game if this is the only fix I want a refund of my purchase.

Message 7 of 21 (8,092 Views)

★ Novice

Im getting this same error.  Bought from amazon.  All CD keys regestered on site.

Uninstalled game a few years ago and reinstalled it recently after purchasing the Ultimate edition.  I got this error. 

After checking around the boards I attempted to uninstall and reinstall with no addons installed and got the same error. 

After uninstalling again and running CCcleaner I reinstalled(which took longer) and again got the same error.

I double checked and my windows is fully updated. 

Message 8 of 21 (8,072 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here. Would like an update, please!

Message 9 of 21 (7,953 Views)

★ Novice

Just copy over the bin_ship folder from a working version and it works fine. 

(Of course, save a copy of the "not working" one first just to be safe).

Message 10 of 21 (7,923 Views)