[Solved]Dragon Age: Ultimate Edition Failed Installation / Bad Image Error

by Vikkie1029

Original Post

[Solved]Dragon Age: Ultimate Edition Failed Installation / Bad Image Error

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I solved this issue myself by transferring the Desktop installation files from my old computer to this one. It had none of the corrupted files errors and installed smoothly. A new error popped up when attemtping to launch the game called "Bad Image". I solved this by going into Programs>Dragon Age, right clicking the launcher: Compatibility> Run in compatibility mode for Windows XP - Service Pack 3 and Run Program as Administrator. It seems to have cleared all the issues so far but I haven't gotten into game play yet. I'll keep my original text below for anyone else who needs information on this issue.

Recently I got a new computer with Windows 8 preinstalled, it meets all the minimum requirements for the game:

Processor: AMD FX-6300 (3.50GHz) 64 bit Six-Core Processor

RAM: 8.00GB

HD: 1TB SATA III 7200RPM

Video: AMD Radeon HD7730 1GB

Trying to install Dragon Age: Ultimate Edition (Digital Download from Amazon) yields the error that Net Framework 2.0 sp2 must be installed and activated. The issue is that Net Framework 2.0 is installed and activated. Trying to procede with the install ultimately fails (pun not intended) at 22%.

To a similar point, the installation log has this to say about the failed installation: 

[Saturday Jan 18 7:00:15 2014] Extracting: /Language en /progresspercent 2025 /settotalK 5142227 'C:\Users\Vikkie\Desktop\Dragon Age Origins- Ultimate Edition (Download)\data\env.rar' 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Dragon Age'
[Saturday Jan 18 7:00:47 2014] Rar error: error 12 RAR process file failed: File CRC error.
[Saturday Jan 18 7:00:47 2014] Rar Details: 12 A Data error occured.
[Saturday Jan 18 7:00:47 2014] -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
[Saturday Jan 18 7:00:47 2014] | FAILED FAILED FAILED FAILED FAILED FAILED FAILED |
[Saturday Jan 18 7:00:47 2014] -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

So I seem to be have two separate issues working against me (or they might be symptoms of each other). I know that error usually indicates a corrupted file, but I'm not sure what to do about it. 

I have tried running as Administrator, uninstalling and reinstalling the framework, compatibility mode, re-downloading from Amazon etc. Nothing seems to work. I know that this is an issue some people have with Windows 7 and XP, but I haven't been able to find any solutions that pertain to this exact situation for Windows 8 (not surprising, most gamers I know are smart enough to avoid Windows 8). I should note that my old computer ran Windows 7 and I had zero issue installing the game and playing it on that.

Message 1 of 1 (2,898 Views)