Screenshots stoped working in DA:O

by Aki_Moda

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Screenshots stoped working in DA:O

★★★ Novice

Game; Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition

Mods: Yes, but it worked fine a few days ago and doesn't work even when turning them all off

Problem;

Since yesterday I can't take screenshots in DA:O. I'm using Fraps to take pictures as the in-game screenshot option hasn't worked for me in years. Fraps has worked fine just until a few days ago when it couldn't take in-game screenshots. I've tested this out on my other games and Fraps is able to take pictures in all of them except DA:O. I've looked online for an answer and tried all the propsed solutions; changed resolution, changed to windowed, enabled all "online" access in-game", etc. This enable 3 screenshots to be taken and then nothing. So I tested out MSI Afterburner and Nvidia Shadowplay, both were able to take up to 5 screenshots and then nothing.

I first noticed this problem when I started a new Dalish hunter and I noticed that after 5 screenshots no more where taken. I've tried holding down the button and tapping it repeatedly, sometimes I'll get a screenshot, but 90% of the time it's a bust.

There where no changes made to my pc in the meantime, no updates of any programs so I do not know what could have caused this.

Message 1 of 2 (516 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Screenshots stoped working in DA:O

★★★ Novice

I tried a 3d time to repair the game and this seems to have done the trick. Don't know why it worked this time and not before, but hey "third time's the charm they say" and I'm not complaining.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (609 Views)

All Replies

Re: Screenshots stoped working in DA:O

★★★ Novice

I tried a 3d time to repair the game and this seems to have done the trick. Don't know why it worked this time and not before, but hey "third time's the charm they say" and I'm not complaining.

Message 2 of 2 (610 Views)