Need to change default download & installation drive

by Girahn

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Need to change default download & installation drive

★★ Novice

I had the digital DAO Ultimate Edition installed on my HDD C: drive, and it always worked fine.  I recently added an SSD which I made my boot drive, so it's now C:, and the original HDD is now F:

I tried playing it, and it said I had to reinstall it (which I was expecting).  When I went to download, it didn't give me an option where to put it or where to install to.  I can't have it on my C: (SSD), because of the lack of space.  How do I change it so that it goes on my HDD?  I still have my registration & DLC registration codes, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Message 1 of 3 (541 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Need to change default download & installation drive

★ Apprentice

With Origin:

Click on Origin - Application Settings - Advanced. There you can change the location where your games will be installed. I would advise caution (see below) if you already have games installed.

With Steam:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7710-tdlc-0426

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (624 Views)

All Replies

★ Apprentice

With Origin:

Click on Origin - Application Settings - Advanced. There you can change the location where your games will be installed. I would advise caution (see below) if you already have games installed.

With Steam:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7710-tdlc-0426

Message 2 of 3 (625 Views)

★★★ Pro

Just a little feedback, most games allow players to choose installation drives.  I didn't read this before installation of Mass Effect Andromeda trial and now I have the entire lot installed on my c drive and the game just killed all my c drive space.  The whole... go to Origin - Application Settings - Advanced method just to select a preferred installation drive is cumbersome not client friendly. 

Message 3 of 3 (453 Views)